Anyone elses vRS front bumper like this?

dickow

Just had a new front bumper as someone (in a van with a tow bar) reversed into me at a set of traffic lights. The red plastic strip behind the lower honeycomb grill was definitely not on the car before, not sure why it is now, it looks stupid, any ideas??? Its a 61 plate. Im onto the repair centre who are going to ring me tomorrow.  

post-69169-0-84254800-1392312052_thumb.jpg

It looks like it's some sort of brace to stop the lower, thinner part moving during transport as the mesh grille wouldn't be fitted until it was on the car.

It probably should be removed after fitting but it's only my thinking anyway.

• Like 1

I have this on my octavia after having a new front bumper under warranty due to paint issues. I'll agree that it's just a support brace or hanging bracket for spraying or transport. Don't know how to remove the lower grill to remove it though!

• Like 1

Thanks for replies, bodyshop have said its a brace to support lower part of bumper whilst its being sprayed, they forgot to take it off. Apparently I should be able to push it out using a screwdriver through grill. Just glad to have car back, hire car was a 63 plate Golf 1.4 122bhp dsg - quiet, comfortable, dull/boring, made me realise how much I love the vRS.

• Like 1

Thanks for replies, bodyshop have said its a brace to support lower part of bumper whilst its being sprayed, they forgot to take it off. Apparently I should be able to push it out using a screwdriver through grill. Just glad to have car back, hire car was a 63 plate Golf 1.4 122bhp dsg - quiet, comfortable, dull/boring, made me realise how much I love the vRS.

Thought that's what it was,glad you got it sorted

I would get the body shop to do it, if it doesn't snap of right it could look worse?

Plus it will be rattling around inside the undertray, which would probably annoy me, even if I couldn't hear it

Isn't it easy enough to remove the lower grille to take it out?