Permanently disable Safelock

In support of pipsyp I don't see anything unsavoury in his comments at all, quite valid IMO.. There is nothing unsafe about the Safelock system - nearly all cars have a similar system and the regulatory authorities would never allow such a system if it was unsafe. As has been pointed out if the electronics fail then the deadlock can be overridden manually by simply inserting thekey in the driver's door lock and turning it which is purely mechanical and does not rely on any electronic system. Better disable the handbrake and gearlever as well in case a child inadvertently left in the car whilst parked played with those controls and the car rolled away down a slope...

I really shouldn't bother, but what the hell. Exactly how will someone locked in a car insert a key into the external lock, which incidentally is hidden.

This thread has gone way off track from a simple technical request and there is obviously no point in explaining the difference between that and what you provided

And with that I'll leave you to play, mods please put me out of my pain and close this thread.

Edited by ozoccy
  • Like 1

I think there is a chill pill in order for ozoccy, as you have been extremely aggressive from the get go with people who have been nothing like that towards you. Maybe not everyone has given you the technical answer that you asked for, but your replies have always been aggressive and sometimes downright insulting...

• Like 4

I think there is a chill pill in order for ozoccy, as you have been extremely aggressive from the get go with people who have been nothing like that towards you. Maybe not everyone has given you the technical answer that you asked for, but your replies have always been aggressive and sometimes downright insulting...

Par for the course with him I'm afraid, I've seen it in other threads....

• Like 1

I wonder which locks are applied with KESSY? Deadlocked or not?

Something I've noted in other threads is that Kessy can be quite temperamental. For instance it will lock if it is exposed to moisture while the key is in proximity. Unfortunately my car doesn't have an audible alarm when it locks and it appears that there is no way of getting one.

And with that I'll leave you to play, mods please put me out of my pain and close this thread.

Ah come on, it's not that bad, I see no reason to lock this.. But please keep this civil. There's too much of this sort of thing going on in the octavia section of late.

• Like 4

......Unfortunately my car doesn't have an audible alarm when it locks and it appears that there is no way of getting one.

You will find that in "set up" options you can get the car to make an audible confirmation when you lock it. Not sure if this is the case with KESSY though.

Edited by Timoctav

The official line is that it can't be done. One suggestion has been to leave a key in the car and disable it for immo.

Did think of hiding a key fob in a metal box, Kessy won't work if it senses a key inside the car. Also the Kessy key fobs are outrageously expensive.

The key on its own does nothing unless you are outside the car and have access to the hidden lock.

Ah come on, it's not that bad, I see no reason to lock this.. But please keep this civil. There's too much of this sort of thing going on in the octavia section of late.

I'm only new here so still finding my way but I do find that there seem to be a lot of unnecessary judgements made about what should and shouldn't be done that appear in the technical threads. Very overbearing and at times disrupt a sound discussion.

I would have thought philosophical discussions and moral guidance should be kept in the social areas of the forum and not constantly inserted into technical discussions.

Perhaps I will need to learn to live with it in the church of Skoda :)

Edited by ozoccy

Did think of hiding a key fob in a metal box, Kessy won't work if it senses a key inside the car. Also the Kessy key fobs are outrageously expensive.

The key on its own does nothing unless you are outside the car and have access to the hidden lock.

When the doors are deadlocked, can't you open a window with the ignition on?

So let me get this right. Pressing the lock button twice disables the deadlocks? I've been pressing it twice as a matter of course as this is how you applied the deadlocks on my old corsa.

Will have to try and get into the routine of only pressing it once then. Good job I read this.

Thanks

• Like 1

When the doors are deadlocked, can't you open a window with the ignition on?

No, everything is locked including windows. Hence the momentary panic by my daughter.

I suspect something triggered Kessy to lock the car without my wife noticing.

Edited by ozoccy

I probably didn't make it clear at the start that this problem relates to a Kessy system, which is very different to the normal keyless remote.

Kessy requires no buttons to be pushed for the car to lock or unlock, it works on proximity and hence can be temperamental.

Kessy requires no buttons to be pushed for the car to lock or unlock, it works on proximity and hence can be temperamental.

That's not true, kessy requires the door handle to be touched to unlock and lock, if you close the door and don't touch the exterior handle it won't lock.

• Like 1

That's not true, kessy requires the door handle to be touched to unlock and lock, if you close the door and don't the exterior handle it won't lock.

Kessy is a proximity based system as defined in the VAG technical literature.

I'm not going to argue what constitutes pushing a button.

Edited by ozoccy

Kessy is a proximity based system as defined in the VAG technical literature.

I'm not going to argue what constitutes a button.

I know what kessy is, what I was saying is that if you walk away with the key in your pocket it won't lock itself, you have to touch the touch sensor in the door handle for to it lock.

• Like 1

Just like with the normal key fob, on Kessy you can set it up in the multimedia system so that you get a bing sound when you lock the car.

Thanks, but like I said previously unfortunately I don't have the alarm option.

Nice to see all the likes in this thread, I'm getting a really warm feeling..............

Edited by ozoccy

Does the mk3 mot have a door unlock button inside like the mk2 has?,or am i confusing myself,which is not hard,and the interior lock is for unlocking with the key in when set up for auto locking?

Thanks, but like I said previously unfortunately I don't have the alarm option. Nice to see all the likes in this thread, I'm getting a really warm feeling..............

Australian spec must be different to UK spec then - as mine is standard and mine has the confirmation lock tone option. 

Nice to know that you have a nice warm feeling...