Rear Bumper Protector

jonceebee

It has and I have fitted it too.  Will post pick shorlty.  It is a close match to the colour of the silver trim below but could be closer.  I would like to see what the brushed alu looks like to compare.   Fits well, can't pull it off and I have tried!

Coopers, you made the correct choice. I have just been to sign paperwork today and offered up the rearguard samples to a couple of Yeti. The silver you chose is the best match on panel under rear bumper and silver roof rails. Brushed Alloy does not look correct.

Colin

• Like 1

Coopers, you made the correct choice. I have just been to sign paperwork today and offered up the rearguard samples to a couple of Yeti. The silver you chose is the best match on panel under rear bumper and silver roof rails. Brushed Alloy does not look correct.

Colin

Good to know... :clap:

My rear bumper protective panel in Tekkno design -SILVER has arrived, but the Lip does not line up with the bumper edge.

The Protector seems like it is bent too much, so in the center part it overhangs the bumper lip.

It comes with a large tube of glue.

Cant fit this seems wrong.

Anyone else had this?

Edited by Carlo diesel

If its a F/L Yeti you have the rear bumper is slightly different from the "Classic" Yeti. Make sure you have the correct rear bumper protector.

Thanks Kenny R  Just found that out.

Order details were not clear at all.

So,

Anyone want a Silver Bumper Protector.............PRE face lift ?

Complete kit new unused. £30 plus post.

Black Rearguard protector now fitted.

Couldn't decide on silver or black, both look good but black was cheaper!!

Excellent fit and here within two days of order.

post-75867-0-53686800-1404060436_thumb.jpg

post-75867-0-37977600-1404060626_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well that's good advice to use Tiger seal or double sided 3m tape. I have yet to fit my strip. but today I went into my Skoda Garage and I asked how much are the   'Decorative front bumper trims' for my 2012 140 Yeti.

So they told me £17.00 for the two, which is about right.

But I could not believe the price for the sealant and the adhesive. Adhesive part no HHA381015 WAIT FOR  IT-- £17.00. The primer part number HHA381018 £26.00. Just to fit two small Chrome strips.

I wished them a nice day after having a  free coffee and had a good around a new FL and left.  I then went to Halfords and found the chrome strip piping for £4.99 just cut the strips to the required 

lengths and it looks great. I used double sided tape.

Update,

I ordered and fitted a silver for my "normal" yeti a couple of weeks ago. The fit is near perfect, but the ends rose a little as could do with being a few mm deeper from the rolled front edge to the vertical upstand that goes below the boot rubber.

I let Rearguard know that they may wish to tweak the sizes a little, to which I had an interesting reply.

They have entered a note on website saying not for City, and sent me a sample in two pieces to offer up and take some measurements in order that they can get the fit exact.

I can vouch that these bumper protectors will not come off easily in the wash. The tape they supply to fit them with is excellent, and I had a real problem getting mine off in order that I could experiment with the bits they sent me.

I have sent the details and photos to rearguard and will hopefully have an updated sample/replacement to try when back from France late July.

Colin

• 4 weeks later...

I have a sample of all four finishes. Rearguard were quick in sending this out a couple of months ago.

Colin

Colin any chance you can post a photo of the different finishes please (mainly interested in the carbon look)

Gizmo, 

I am in France for the next week, if you send me a reminder I will try and post image when back. Coastguards are very efficient and I suspect they would get samples out to you far quicker.

Colin

Not to worry Colin, just ordered a carbon look film (don’t need the toughness of the plastic ones) so I will see how that goes, I’ve used the stuff before and TBH its pretty robust.

I've used 3M heavy duty clear vinyl the type they use on Helicopter Blades.

Almost invisible you can only see the edges like on the rear door protectors :thumbup:

I've used 3M heavy duty clear vinyl the type they use on Helicopter Blades.

Almost invisible you can only see the edges like on the rear door protectors :thumbup:

Any chance of a link to the product you've used ?

Could do with something like that to protect the door sills for when the little ones are trying to climb in and out.

• 1 month later...

Update,

I ordered and fitted a silver for my "normal" yeti a couple of weeks ago. The fit is near perfect, but the ends rose a little as could do with being a few mm deeper from the rolled front edge to the vertical upstand that goes below the boot rubber.

I let Rearguard know that they may wish to tweak the sizes a little, to which I had an interesting reply.

They have entered a note on website saying not for City, and sent me a sample in two pieces to offer up and take some measurements in order that they can get the fit exact.

I can vouch that these bumper protectors will not come off easily in the wash. The tape they supply to fit them with is excellent, and I had a real problem getting mine off in order that I could experiment with the bits they sent me.

I have sent the details and photos to rearguard and will hopefully have an updated sample/replacement to try when back from France late July.

Colin

Update 2

The new bumper protector arrived today. The fit is perfect, so if you want a good quality bumper protector this is the one to go for. All you have to do is decide the finish you want. I originally went for silver, a nice match to my silver roofbars and the plastic below the bumper. My new one is however black as it will show any marks and dirt less.

Colin