Rapid 1.6TDi Engine cover missing

• 3 weeks later...

Jan 2014 vehicle. No cover, got the salesman to check the others on the forecourt, as didn't believe him !

Service dept stated recently been arriving without aengine cover.

Looked at a seat Toledo prior to purchase and that also didn't have an engine cover.

Think I prefer it to of had one for protection but heyho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My 2013 Reg Skoda Rapid 1.6 TDI 105 ps does NOT have an engine cover. I went back to the Skoda dealership in Leicester where I had it from to check it out, they advised that the Rapid TDI doesn't come with one. They showed me another 63 plate Rapid engine bay to prove the point.  

I'd guess that the same engine fitted to a VW, Seat or Skoda will have the same cover so just find the cheapest one. I have seen some with the company logo and some with just the "TSi" or whatever engine is fitted logo

I thought we were looking for the TDI one- A huge black upside down tea tray to hide the ugliness of a diesel engine?

Oh aye :nerd:

Well at least I'm sorted then :beer:

Should give us the ball park figure to buy one. I'm sure the stealers will have the right part number for the TDi one