n249 bypass question

Hi folks, ive done the n249 bypass today and well it all went to plan apart from the scratched hands :) but now my dv sounds really different, ive got the forge split-r and before the bypass it whoosed really nice and loud and now its not so loud and almost whooshes twice :o anyone else done this and experienced something similar??? :)

Was going to do it tomorrow, but if the noise is quieter then I'm not as I'm a noise freak.

People on the other thread said the noise was better/louder IIRC.

Is it more like a flutter ? From reading now, it can give a flutter sound.

Looking forward to peoples comments now.

Edited by mluton

I did mine like the link in your thread lucky and mine dumps quieter and yeah it does flutter mluton, Maybe if I turn the dv round and see if that makes any difference... it was dumping nice and loud beforehand. Shall have to have a play around and see :)

Was going to do it tomorrow, but if the noise is quieter then I'm not as I'm a noise freak.

People on the other thread said the noise was better/louder IIRC.

Is it more like a flutter ? From reading now, it can give a flutter sound.

Looking forward to peoples comments now.

generally the DV is a lot louder and more prominent after the bypass  as it is being operated mechanically. This is certainly the case with a std DV or a forge 0007p DV  

Any choice guides for the bypass? I may delete entirely but want to try before I buy so to speak. I have the silicone and t piece ready.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

My guide is in the Octavia techical guide  section on SAI, N249 and N112 removal.

Will it make any difference turning my dv the opposite way round? Its installed sideways at the moment how the forge guide said to install iy, but im sure I read on here that the split-r can be used both ways :@ is this correct

Will it make any difference turning my dv the opposite way round? Its installed sideways at the moment how the forge guide said to install iy, but im sure I read on here that the split-r can be used both ways :@ is this correct

Fit it standing upright,, this is how the standard one is fitted and it has to have  been put that way for a reason...

Mines up right and sounds awesome 

The Forge and i beleive the split R can be reversed.

They do run ok both ways. However the forge sounds like a strangled cat reversed(not that i have heard one before anyone thinks I go out and test that theory).lol

Ok cos mine is set on 16 turns I think. Well thats what forge told me when I asked how to set it for the vrs. "Turn fully anti clockwise till stop. Then 16 turns clockwise to set for standard engine" I believe it can be set for full recirc with no blow hence the turns, but im a little unsure... maybe trial and error

Edited by ricREDvrs

• 3 weeks later...