Steve's first car fabia 1.4mpi estate

Torteption

Hi this my journal of my first car a fabia 1.4mpi estate. I got the car in may 2012 at the age of 19 just after passing my test it had done 58k miles and has had 2 owners me being the 3rd. We gave £750 for it inc a roof box and rails which sold for £110 so £640 all in. At the time of writing this i have had 0 mechanical problems since owning the car, however i have all the others that are known i.e leaky doors and PAS issues.

Here is what I've done so far please bear with as I've obviously never done this before

first was a stereo as the poverty models came with a cassette player, The drawer came from a breaker and i paid £2 for it

IMG_0017_zpsd27a889d.jpg

I got a set of alloys from gumtree for £60 nothing too fancy just a set of 14'' for the mk4 polo which came with golf tires on them i then swapped the vw center caps for skoda gel ones from amazon for £12

005-1_zpsa62db67d.jpg

Next up was a bora sunglasses holder i stupidly took one from a passat but managed to swap it cost £5

IMG_0019_zpsa1282ced.jpg

Then came a comfort cabin light cost £4

IMG_0020_zpsf4cd257c.jpg

I then got color coded mirror covers and smoked side repeaters then some jealous ceep smashed my passenger wing mirror and cover so i'm back to the black ones

100px_zps35d90d0f.jpg

After a few months i popped out to my local breakers and found these i paid £60 also got the gearknob as part of the deal

IMG_0024_zps10778178.jpg

IMG_0023_zps3f3b7d5d.jpg

And this is how the car stands at the moment

IMG_0656_zpsaf418dfc.jpg

I've also had a new rear badge, wrapped my grill black, painted the calipers yellow then to silver, chrome door handles, de-badge and brisky stickers.

Hope you enjoyed the read will update if and when i get new shiny things

Edited by Torteption
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

another small update popped into the breakers yard and they had a mk4 golf in so i swagged the blue mirror glass for much cheapness then i decided to wire in my rear auxiliary port through the glovebox this morning

post-105776-0-58255400-1395492645_thumb.jpg

post-105776-0-77760700-1395492763_thumb.jpg

post-105776-0-15092100-1395492812_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

fitted a nice new genuine leather steering wheel today for £15 came from a 45k mile car and gave it a clean this will probably be that last update for this car as i've been offered a honda accord type-r at christmas time for the bargain of £1000 car will be for sale sometime in november so if your interested look for a for sale post at around that time will of course buy freedom for that purpose cheers

post-105776-0-76739700-1397512962_thumb.jpgpost-105776-0-18709700-1397512989_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Sadly the deal with my neighbor for the type-r went south as he has decided to keep it. So i have bought new things for the car from the breakers yard and elsewhere, They had a VRS in which had rear end damage and no front bumper which was odd else i'd have swagged it.

So here's the things that have been bought and are ready to go on the car or i'll mark if they are fitted

W8 interior light from the Superb

VRS steering wheel (no airbag as it was knackered) will any vw 3 spoke ones fit? octavia/golf ect.

Full set of VRS mats in decent condition when cleaned up - FITTED

Red needles from the VRS clocks - FITTED don't light up at night however bit weird

Passenger side underseat box - FITTED

Set of LED'S for the current interior light - FITTED

All front lights changed to OSRAM COOL BLUE INTENSE -FITTED

Pair of rear grab handles - FITTED

Second boot light to be wired in at some point

And probably other stuff i have forgotten 

Here is the photo's of everything sorry about my epic photo quality using an iphone 4 :L

post-105776-0-97832500-1413142758_thumb.jpgpost-105776-0-10831100-1413142821_thumb.jpg

Sadly the deal with my neighbor for the type-r went south as he has decided to keep it. So i have bought new things for the car from the breakers yard and elsewhere, They had a VRS in which had rear end damage and no front bumper which was odd else i'd have swagged it.

I'd be willing to bet it was the first thing to go if in good condition.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So fitted heko wind deflectors today, Bought from ebay for £20 used from someone on here with a 07 VRS SE that sold up i think

Also being the inexperienced 1st car owner what the best way to go about changing the front bushes? the little ones on the control arm with the metal bit on the inside toward the front of the car as mine's have perished and are doing my head in

And snapped the lower part of the coil spring on the front drivers side :(

Edit: forgot to add a photo of the deflectors on a blue fabia for once ;)

post-105776-0-67731100-1413910658_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torteption

• 5 months later...

A few things have happened since the last time i posted which was 6 months ago :o Since them myself and my dad have replaced the front drivers side subframe,wishbone,tie rod/track rod end and both of the wishbone bushes. Also sorted out the oil leak from the front of the engine caused by the crankshaft sensor thing? The common MPI front leak anyway is now sorted, I still have a leak from the sump it looks like so will get around to that when it gets serviced after that it passed it's MoT with no problems other than the drivers drop link advisory which got sorted a day later. Also done the coolant and replaced the tank  :thumbup:

Anyways on to more interesting purchases and progress with older stuff.

Got my spoiler painted at college, My 3rd time painting anything so i'm well chuffed with the result - Will be fitted shortly.

Swagged the oh so common and everyone has them Red Seat belt's ;) for £72 and got a leather handbrake cover too just need to clean some mildew/mold off the belts and i'll get them fitted, Handbrake looks and feels awesome though.

Next update will be of the spoiler fitted and the belts ;) so have a check back when I've done that, Here's some pics to tide you over if you even like my car haha.

EDIT: Having issues uploading so sadly you will have to wait till i can get this sorted ;)

Edited by Torteption

Seems i've hit my allotted disc space so i've uploaded what i've been up to to Photobucket.

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/steve_maher92/library/?sort=3&page=1

Spoiler is getting fitted on friday and will be starting repairs on the passenger side sill that i damaged so will upload progress of that