steering wheel

Is there an alternative skoda steering wheel, of smaller diameter available for my pre-fl vrs?

I cant seem to get an ideal driving position without either the base of the wheel hitting my knees, or the middle of it obscuring the bottom of the information display. Only way round it is to lower the seat more than I am comfortable with.

I'm surprised you have issues with the wheel hitting your knees. I have long legs and my Octavia is the first car I've owned where I can comfortably get my knees under the wheel rather than either side of it. I know you've been trying to adjust things but it does sound as if you might either have the seat unusually high or a little too far forward.

I'd be a little worried that a smaller steering wheel may end up obscuring the top of the speedo and rev counter, which probably matters more than the bottom. You'd also have to turn a smaller wheel more to get the same steering change as the standard wheel (without additional changes).

Edited by Ultrasonic

That's a very nice wheel you have there, Brimma. Is it smaller than the standard skoda

offering? Unfortunately the stickler for detail in me would personally insist on a skoda centre badge.

Ultrasonic - your probably right about the dials being obscured, if I cant find anything suitable, I'll have to experiment wih the driving position a little more. I've always sat well back from the wheel and pedals, though.

That's a very nice wheel you have there, Brimma. Is it smaller than the standard skoda

offering? Unfortunately the stickler for detail in me would personally insist on a skoda centre badge.

Ultrasonic - your probably right about the dials being obscured, if I cant find anything suitable, I'll have to experiment wih the driving position a little more. I've always sat well back from the wheel and pedals, though.

Thanks........if I'm honest it's probably not much, if any, smaller than the standard vRS wheel

The badge doesn't bother me, so I've not bothered covering it

Is there an alternative skoda steering wheel, of smaller diameter available for my pre-fl vrs?

I cant seem to get an ideal driving position without either the base of the wheel hitting my knees, or the middle of it obscuring the bottom of the information display. Only way round it is to lower the seat more than I am comfortable with.

You do know that the steering wheel can be adjusted for both height and reach?

• Like 1

Thanks........if I'm honest it's probably not much, if any, smaller than the standard vRS wheel

Hmm, this has got me thinking.

Just out of interest, did you try and see if your vrs airbag fit the vw wheel? I may very well need a mfsw soon and I really dont like the fl ones!

It would do my head in! lol

Does your wheel have paddles too?

That's one thing I'd love.

Getting the Maxidot fitted soon so looking at an MFSW but would also like one with paddles.

Phil

It would do my head in! lol

Does your wheel have paddles too?

That's one thing I'd love.

Getting the Maxidot fitted soon so looking at an MFSW but would also like one with paddles.

Phil

Yes, Phil, mine has paddles, fully working, but it did need an upgraded steering wheel controller and slip ring as I came from a non-MFSW originally

Yes, Phil, mine has paddles, fully working, but it did need an upgraded steering wheel controller and slip ring as I came from a non-MFSW originally

Yes I think that's what I'll need to do as I don't had a MFSW.

I'm liking the idea of being able to flick down a couple of gears manually without having to move the stick across to manual then back again.

Phil