Dealer switches DRLs off - why?

tweenster

Tried this method this morning with the stalk being pulled back turn the ignition wait for 4 flashes and a gong sound then they go off, only mine don't I rechecked to see if I did anything wrong as I had it written down but still nothing, just have to put up with it the car is a 2014 monte carlo first registered on the 31/1/2014 on a 63 plate, the only other option was to pull the fuse but my DRL fuse also shares something called stop/start radio.......now our car doesn't have a stop/start option, I'm assuming by stop/start this means the engine..??? but really don't know where the radio bit comes and to be honest with u I'm a bit on the wary side as the car is only 2 n half weeks old......

Hi mines got a hole too, however the method with the indicator stalk works, it is fully explained in the manual.

Pete

Right I've just read MY owners manual and it stated that to switch off DRL's if u have stop/start function to pull the stalk towards u and down and hold then turn on the ignition and wait for 4 flashes then turn off and wait for a audible gong sound then it go's on to tell u that ur DRL's are deactivated but my car doesn't have this stop/start system...........so above this section in the manual it states if u don't have the stop/start system then to take out the fuse......which is number 35 on my car so will try this tomorrow if it's dry...... 

Ha, this thread makes me laugh at my own embarrasment. When I collected my new Superb estate last year I was so keen to get to grips with all the new gizmos I failed to turn off the DRLs, only to find after a hour the car would not start! Sheepessly I called up the garage for help. They were very understanding and sent a chap around to boost the battery. I bet he thought me a bit of a twit really.

Sixty7 - two things -

1) Stop/start - I'm jealous.

2) you can't see the DRLs, so why do they bother you?

I got mine serviced yesterday, I haven't checked, but I'm sure the garage door was lit when I turned off my headlights...

PDIBK, on 05 Mar 2014 - 14:32, said:

Sixty7 - two things -

1) Stop/start - I'm jealous.

2) you can't see the DRLs, so why do they bother you?

I got mine serviced yesterday, I haven't checked, but I'm sure the garage door was lit when I turned off my headlights...

1. my car don't have the stop/start set up........so no need to be jealous anymore....;)

2.it stops the lenses from misting up.......and I don't look like a boy racer with his fog lights on

it stops the lenses from misting up.......and I don't look like a boy racer with his fog lights on

I wouldn't worry about that -most folk see a Fabia with its fogs/DRLs on and think "old age/dementia" rather than boy/ racer lol ;-)

• Like 2