JackClaps Detailing Thread

JackClap

That's no surprise.....There are much better products out there ....at almost the same price

BTW...Once?

Ok maybe twice, but certainly no more than three times...

I have only had it for 2 years though...

This thread has got me interested though - if I had £30 today - and 30 minutes a week to clean my car what would I want to do to achieve the best results, please?

All ideas welcome!

I read a few threads last night - I can't justify one of those snow foam lances at £50 or whatever but it would be nice to keep the cars nicer...

That's no surprise.....There are much better products out there ....at almost the same price

BTW...Once?

One of the guys here at work has had his car 7 years, he has never washed it since buying it. I wish I was joking but I'm not :(

Ok maybe twice, but certainly no more than three times...

I have only had it for 2 years though...

This thread has got me interested though - if I had £30 today - and 30 minutes a week to clean my car what would I want to do to achieve the best results, please?

All ideas welcome!

I read a few threads last night - I can't justify one of those snow foam lances at £50 or whatever but it would be nice to keep the cars nicer...

I haven't a clue what I would recommend for just £30, Probably just regular washing with something like Meguiars Gold Glass 

I haven't a clue what I would recommend for just £30, Probably just regular washing with something like Meguiars Gold Glass 

With a lambswool mitt and a couple of buckets?

Current methodology is a cr*p sponge and cheap bucket or jet wash - so it's going to be hard to not improve things...

With a lambswool mitt and a couple of buckets?

Current methodology is a cr*p sponge and cheap bucket or jet wash - so it's going to be hard to not improve things...

A lambswool will definitely be an improvement over a cheapo sponge, and will do far less damage to that paint. So that would be worth while.

A lot of people use the two bucket method, one bucket with the shampoo in, then another to rinse all the cr*p off in. Although I'm one of the few who doesn't use this method as I've never really had any problem with just using one bucket 

• Like 2

One of the guys here at work has had his car 7 years, he has never washed it since buying it. I wish I was joking but I'm not :(

Remember there was a thread on DW some years ago about a project on detailing a Focus Mk1 that had been similarly treated.

It actually came up really well and the paint condition was good; consensus seemed to be that at least it hadn't been hit with bad washing practices and there was very little swirl damage!

It actually came up really well and the paint condition was good; consensus seemed to be that at least it hadn't been hit with bad washing practices and there was very little swirl damage!

I imagine this would be the case, providing you have all the right products to be able to remove the cr*p. And considering it hasn't been washed in 7 years, it really doesn't look as dirty as you imagine it would. 

Yes that's the stuff. A lot of people rate it quite well. And it's also available in Halfords which is a bonus as you don't have to order it online and have to pay for carriage which is the case with a lot of other products people would recommend. 

I imagine this would be the case, providing you have all the right products to be able to remove the cr*p. And considering it hasn't been washed in 7 years, it really doesn't look as dirty as you imagine it would. 

Sure, think this is what a friend of his who detailed took it away as a project :)

Took quite a few stages of foaming/APC/degreasing as you can imagine.....

No, not mine. Owned by a member on a FB group I follow. Bit of a loon but into RWD Skuds.

Saw the shipping container, so wondered whether you had it squirreled away down at the docks or something without telling anyone you had it !

• Like 1