Fabia Car Jack

OK, so i'm getting a spare wheel and tool kit after suffering the inconveniene of getting a puncture and having no spare.

didnt use the sealant as i've read up that this can compromise puncture repair-ability.

So, i'm trying to find out the cheapest (typically) way of getting this kit sorted.

found a spare steel with tyre for £120 (no tool kit) inc. postage.

i can donate a spare socket and handle to do the nuts, but just wondering what the deal is with the jack?

can i get a standard scissor jack? 

from pics i have seen, the Skoda/VW jack doesnt look like your typical scissor jack.

is there a reason for this? (unique jacking points on the car etc...??)

would have thought jacking points would be standard for most cars (i.e. under the door sill front/rear end)......

having said all that, i've found a complete wheel/tool kit set for £164 inc.postage.

should i just snap that one up and not bother with getting the parts separately?

The Skoda jack is a half diamond/scissor (imagine it folding up hinged at bottom and top and angled in the middle.

I think (memory is bad though), I got the lot from the dealer for £120 (wheel and tool kit).

The location of the jacking points are marked on the Sills and they are on pinch welds that the Skoda jack fits over, that said there are many reports on here that the jack is rubbish and you are more likely to have the car slip off of it.

A search on ebay using Skoda Fabia Jack should bring up a couple of normal 1 Ton Scissor Jacks that have a notch to fit over the welded seam.

I got an oem toolkit off ebay for £29 delivered and found a 15" spare wheel with correct size tyre for £48 delivered. Wheel is second hand but never been used and tyre is new Firestone. Far cheaper than buying from the dealer. Worth searching about.

I came into this thread expecting to read about some 'Daring Doo' story about a 'Car Jacking' that someone had encountered or witnesses!!...

Bit of a let down reading about Scissor Jacks and Space Saver spare wheels...

However both my Greenline and my Wife's Poverty Spec Flabby have the Sealant/repair kit rather than a spare/toolkit at least I know how much its gonna be if we decide to upgrade both now!! :D

Cheers! :)

• Like 1

thanks for the help here people,  i did see DM keith come up a few times, however, is that price including delivery? im all the way down in sunny sussex! (brighton to be precise) so i wouldnt be interested in traveliing to pick it up in Leeds, i guess i'd be able to get a local dealer to match it and order it???

The DM Keith dealers do the whole kit, including the wheel, a decent tyre (a Conti on mine) and tools for £140.

http://www.dmkeith.com/skoda/aftersales-offers/spare-tyre-offer

Why pay that much when you can get it a lot cheaper. I only paid £77 all in and everything is as new with a new brand name tyre. Still think it is ridicilous that new cars don't come with a spare wheel/toolkit anymore. My octavia vrs was the same but thankfully the previous owner had specced a spare wheel from new.