My new 13 plate Fabia vRS DSG

I've run mine religiously on either Tesco Momentum 99 or Shell V-Power Nitro since I got her 14,000 miles ago. Literally cannot fault either. Car runs awesome on both. I prefer Shell because it's the fuel of my beloved Ferrari F1 team! And yes I am sucker for marketing! :-) enjoy you car, don't be afraid to thrash it on a daily basis a along as you apply a little mechanical sympathy.

I'll vote for Momentum99 as well - not just because I have a Tesco just over the road.  It runs better, pulls better at the top end and does more mpg (more than enough to offset the price difference).

It will run on 95, but to paraphrase Crocodile Dundee "you can run on it...but it runs like ****"

Tesco Momentum 99 more expensive than others but looks like im gonna have to try it.. as everyone else is raving over it.....

Damn peer pressure haha....

SIde note.. took the car out last night again.. and it sometimes feels like its holding back compared to on the test drive.. might be because sometimes I wanna put my foot down and sometimes less so...

Any thoughts??...

Tesco Momentum is cheaper than Shell V-Power Nitro,

Usually by at least 5 pence a litre.

& probably cheaper than BP.

Worth every penny of £2.50 a tankful extra over 95 ron or 97/89

http://petrolprices.com

Read up on the Engine, Supercharger & Turbo Charger.

Just get used to the DSG, and what gear it is in, and when to kick down,

or manually change down, and where the RPM is.

Supercharger to 2,400 rpm, then Turbo with Supercharger on demand.

Then just turbo 3,500-7,000 rpm.  ((6,200 will be enough.)

Just put it in 'D' and floor the throttle, and hold on for torque steer.

Then maybe go check and adjust the tyres pressures, reset the TPMS and then see if that helps the Torque Steer.

Give it some time and feed it 99 ron.

It will go just fine.

THe 95 RON could be affecting the way the car is picking up a small amount.

So could your right foot, especially if in D, I found pre-map that my car could be a bit sedate unless you gave it a good poke of right foot.  Best way to know if it is still the car you test drove is to nudge it into Manual drop a couple of gears and as George said hang on for dear life (and torque steer).

I often forget that even in spirited day to day driving it is exceptionally difficult to unleash the cars full potential without passing into what would be dangerous driving.

Bear in mind your revs and where the peak power and torque delivery are.

THe 95 RON could be affecting the way the car is picking up a small amount.

So could your right foot, especially if in D, I found pre-map that my car could be a bit sedate unless you gave it a good poke of right foot.  Best way to know if it is still the car you test drove is to nudge it into Manual drop a couple of gears and as George said hang on for dear life (and torque steer).

I often forget that even in spirited day to day driving it is exceptionally difficult to unleash the cars full potential without passing into what would be dangerous driving.

Bear in mind your revs and where the peak power and torque delivery are.

Thanks forr the reply...

Im just wondering if ive caused something to not work right because I tried to pull away with foot on the brake and applying the accelerator... the brake being what I thought was the clutch.. does anyone think that would cause a problem?? I didnt do that for long (2 tries to pull away).... then I called the sales guy back and realised what I was doing wrong...

Thanks for any input...

No it should not cause any problem.

Your Gearbox will adjust to your style in the next few days.

Go for an easy run, let the oil heat up which might take 10 miles,

just drive in 'D', then have some fun, and the car will be hot, 

the gearbox and the engine will behave next time to your style.

Do not touch the throttle and brake at the same time, 

because of the DSG it cuts power to the engine.

Have you tried, 'D', and 'S', and across to Manual, & Manual with the paddles.

Just try everything out,

Only not all at once, get used to 'D' first.

& if you are spinning tyres and getting the TC light showing, that keeps you kind of safe.

But TC on and spinning tyres not only has it nipping a brake on, it can cut engine power.

(but think about it before putting the TC off, maybe get used to the car first.)

Check those tyre pressures all around, and set to suit your self. & set the TPMS once adjusted.

enjoy.

Maybe have a read of the Owners manual.

funny u should mention that.. im having a "light" read at work..

I drive to work tonight.. and im noticing what seems like a delay in a surge of power??

Also the right sole of my foot was getting kinda hot.. this isnt normal is it??

I was sceptical of the benefits of Momentum/V-Power. I ran the first 3 tanks on 97RON after I'd got it.  Shell is too far away for me so I took a bite of the bitter pill and put supermarket fuel in for the first time in nearly 20 years. Coming out along my favourite straight piece of good road on full throttle the power delivery was much smoother. I ended up relying on the brakes rather more than I'd intended as I'd caught up on the car in front far faster than before.

I'd like to say this was a scientific test but it wasn't, I'm just cynical about supermarket fuel and snake oil and so far the results have convinced me that Momentum is the way to go.

I was sceptical of the benefits of Momentum/V-Power. I ran the first 3 tanks on 97RON after I'd got it.  Shell is too far away for me so I took a bite of the bitter pill and put supermarket fuel in for the first time in nearly 20 years. Coming out along my favourite straight piece of good road on full throttle the power delivery was much smoother. I ended up relying on the brakes rather more than I'd intended as I'd caught up on the car in front far faster than before.

I'd like to say this was a scientific test but it wasn't, I'm just cynical about supermarket fuel and snake oil and so far the results have convinced me that Momentum is the way to go.

Thanks for your view. Im new to having a performance car like this.. so just trying to take in what I can..

Would you know if it seems strange my right sole is tetting warm/hot??..

Thanks

Did you go for the optional pedal heaters?

I think some 2013 cars came with the pedal heaters as standard? It was a limited time offer tho - you had to be quick and and hot-foot it down to your dealer to place an order if you wanted one ;-)

• Like 1

I think some 2013 cars came with the pedal heaters as standard? It was a limited time offer tho - you had to be quick and and hot-foot it down to your dealer to place an order if you wanted one ;-)

haha.. see what u did there..

if it had pedal heaters though.. both feet would be warm/ hot.. but its only really my right foot...