Citigo wiper smearing?

kiran111

Hello,

SWMBO has just had a brand new Citigo green tech delivered on Saturday.

She says she's having issues where it starts raining and she activates the wipers but it's almost like they smear leaving her with next to no visibility.

The only way she can see properly or the wipers work properly is to use her windscreen washers.

She finds herself having to do this even in rain.

It makes an awful noise too. Almost like the wiper is just skipping across the screen.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers.

Considering the car is brand new I would take it back to the dealers and get them to replace them. Normally wipers aren't covered under warranty but hopefully they'll sort them out for you.

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

Give the screen and wipers a good rub down with IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol)

It's easy to get the same problem after going to a £5.00 hand car wash where mr Waxy sprays the whole car with his spray and shine gloss gunk including the glass.

Good for one wipe, by number two and three you have a smeary mess as the wipers get coated too and slide/judder over the water leaving a film.

There's nothing wrong with the wiper-blades or screen....just the dealers' valeters. They don't differentiate between paintwork and glass when "preparing" the cars.

I've found that I have to spend half an hour de-contaminating glass areas on every single new car I've bought.