Is this the new CitiGo Monte Carlo

saurabhdutt

The Skoda blurb on this does not mention a black roof for the Citigo whereas it does for the Yeti and the Rapid, "The Yeti and the Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo have a black roof."

I think this model is a rationalisation of the special editions across the range to improve the marketing strategy. 

It looks like the front splitter is there to me and it certainly also seems that the supsension is lower than a normal Citigo i.e. the usual 15mm like the Sport is.

Skoda use "publicity shots" and photoshops that feature suspension lower than the real cars.

It makes them look better.

Have a look at the Rapid etc...  the pics look good, while the actual cars have mahooosive arch gaps.

• Like 2

The Skoda blurb on this does not mention a black roof for the Citigo whereas it does for the Yeti and the Rapid, "The Yeti and the Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo have a black roof."

I think this model is a rationalisation of the special editions across the range to improve the marketing strategy. 

And I can see their thinking too - the Fabia Monte has been a runaway success. Whether there is the same warm boy-racer demand on a model like the Yeti remains to be seen.

I would be interested in a sportier Rapid Spaceback in a couple of years though...

It seems that the headlights have a black tint as well! Another 6 days away before we could see the actual car.

When Skoda launched the Citigo sport it had serpens however they weren't standard in sport. I wonder if thats going to be the case with MC. No matter what I still prefer the sport. By changing the look it will fall under the same category as mii mango and vw rock up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said above they always make the cars look better in the publicity shots ie photo shopped lower and on the 16's

I reckon it will be standard on 15's.

I think I will probably end up getting some Serpents for my Sport at some point ;)

As said above they always make the cars look better in the publicity shots ie photo shopped lower and on the 16's

I reckon it will be standard on 15's.

I think I will probably end up getting some Serpents for my Sport at some point ;)

How much are they including tyres?

Makes the 250 I paid for 4 a bargain. I'd like to see an interior shot to see if they've changed anything there.

I reckon the interior is all black including the roof and pillars.. Thats what every manufacture is going for..

Info:

- Colours: Tornado Red, Candy White, Brilliant Silver, Deep Black

- 15mm suspension drop (like the Sport)

- 15in Auriga or 16in Serpens options (like the Sport)

- Gloss black dash and flat bottomed wheel :)

I agree with daveface, like the flat bottom steering wheel, very Audi. Also rear lights look different as well. I see the interior door handles are chrome like an elegance. I stand by my opinion, it is not grabbing me as my Sport did and still does.

Now a 1.0TSi turbo might though.

• Like 2

Looks great, like the rest of the Monte Carlo series. 

But I still think the Citigo needs the 2nd Electric window switch added to the drivers door.

May think its pointless, but when you need it, damn its handy instead of stretching over the car. (small niggle i suppose)