Yeti Monte Carlo at the Geneva Motorshow

RapidRonnie

The ŠKODA Monte Carlo model family expands to five models

In Geneva, ŠKODA will set a decidedly sporty tone with the simultaneous launch of three special Monte Carlo editions. For the first time, the manufacturer will present Monte Carlo variants of the ŠKODA Citigo, ŠKODA Yeti and ŠKODA Rapid Spaceback. With the existing ŠKODA Fabia and ŠKODA Fabia Combi, there will now be five Monte Carlo special models available from ŠKODA.

These sportily-designed vehicles have impressive black aluminium wheels in sizes 15 to 17 inches, dark-tinted rear and back side windows (SunSet) and distinctive design features in black. The Yeti and the Rapid Spaceback Monte Carlo have a black roof. The interior of the Monte Carlo models have a special red-stitched steering wheel, black interior and sports seats with distinct fabric design.

These special models represent ŠKODA’s successes in motorsport. The manufacturer has one of the longest histories in motorsport and has collected countless victories on the international motorsport scene, including in the Monte Carlo Rally. 2013 was one of the most successful years in the history of ŠKODA motorsport with the European Rally Championship, the Asia-Pacific Rally, the South American Rally Championship and five other national championship titles.

2014-02-25-geneva-motorshow-06.jpg

Two colours Just Red, Black & some Chrome I think looks okay,

I've seen a Postie red one with a white roof looks a bit like a Mini without a flag on the top,

Silver, red, chrome, black & white it's too many colours in my opinion,

Edited by RickT

I like it.

Me too - especially the lowered side skirt extensions. Sports seats as well I see from the description.

If it is available with the 170 engine in 2WD, should be a hoot to drive (as based on City/Indoor only according to the script if I am reading it correct).

Looks like it's lowered as well - perfect.

I'll be at the show on the 12th...  So will take pictures then!  I hope (as per the Fabia Monte Carlo) the Yeti gets black headlights.  Otherwise it's really a very lame special edition.

Headlights pictured here...

Ah so it does have black headlights. But it also has side skirts below the doors. Dearie me. But then it is a City so 2wd only so ground clearance is not really an issue I guess.