Monte Carlo Range Expanded

Lee

Not doing the reputation of Monte Owners much good chaps :giggle:

To me it's a funky wee car that we'll enjoy while we have it, but in 3 yrs it'll be swapped for something else that is new n funky......I'm not brand loyal person to be honest, enjoy it while u have it.....:) 

• Like 1

I agree with above. I wouldnt have a vrs, simply because of purchasing, running cost, and the problems people are having anyway.

A vrs might be abit more of a giggle than the other models, but it all depends what your used to. I dont think you need massive power to have fun in the bends, and vrs' arent that fast on the scheme of things anyway.

If i want abit if a thrill, i jump on the motorbike, but the rest of the time ill just drive around in my SE listening to music and enjoying the ride.

Most people done drive their hot hatches like they should be driven anyway, so for the majority, theres no point in driving one at all, especially with the extra expense and issues they incurr

• Like 1

Surprising how many have turned towards motorbikes for "Fun".

I've turned the same way too, even when we bought my wife's BMW our thoughts were you are sat in the same traffic 95% of the time whether you have the 3.0 litre 6 cylinder turbo (On Top Gear this week) of the 1.6 4 cylinder turbo. So saved the eight grand difference and still have useable day to day performance.

With that eight grand you can purchase a three year old BMW S1000RR that will smoke a Veyron to well past 180mph and leave "Normal" supercars for dead.

Or just pick up a used Fazer for £2000 and still have lots of fun with performance to rival any car this side of 100mph.

Veyon V's Aventador V's S1000RR

Lee

• Like 2

If I wanted a hot hatch I would buy a Fiesta ST or a Pug 208 GTI, I know they're more expensive than a vRS but you haven't got any worries about oil usage and by the time you've spent a bit money to make it handle like it should then you've used up some of the initial saving.

I'm not against the vRS, I just wouldn't buy one whereas the Monte Tech was a relative bargain especially with 3 years free servicing and built in proper Sat Nav and Bluetooth. It's comfortable, quiet, good on fuel, reliable and still has a decent turn of speed when needed, albeit not as much as a vRS but then it was under £12k and my insurance is £188 a year with no excess.

It would be good if Skoda offered a Mk3 vRS but with a normal trouble free engine with a manual gearbox with an option of DSG if someone wanted it then everyone would be happy.

Surprising how many have turned towards motorbikes for "Fun".

I've turned the same way too, even when we bought my wife's BMW our thoughts were you are sat in the same traffic 95% of the time whether you have the 3.0 litre 6 cylinder turbo (On Top Gear this week) of the 1.6 4 cylinder turbo. So saved the eight grand difference and still have useable day to day performance.

With that eight grand you can purchase a three year old BMW S1000RR that will smoke a Veyron to well past 180mph and leave "Normal" supercars for dead.

Or just pick up a used Fazer for £2000 and still have lots of fun with performance to rival any car this side of 100mph.

Veyon V's Aventador V's S1000RR

Lee

Is that Fair weather riders. 3 months of the year -wash and garage type.

How many commute on their bikes daily?

15 mile round trips under cover appears to be the option, in a lower cost(?) lookers.

Is that Fair weather riders. 3 months of the year -wash and garage type.

How many commute on their bikes daily?

15 mile round trips under cover appears to be the option, in a lower cost(?) lookers.

Yes riders for fun. No fun cold and wet, to old for that. 

Cars have windscreen wipers and heaters. 

Just look on autotrader. Most sports bikes average less then 3k miles a year. Sportsbikes are no more built for commuting than a supercar. Especially not with my back.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

Tbf, to have fun on a bike you done need to spend £8k really. Haha. Thats far too much for the road anyway.

£3k will get you a really decent bike. When the weathers good enough to have fun, a bike far out weighs a car for me, and always has.

Around 50mpg, most of em are 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds and even a non sporty bike will leave 99% of cars up until 100mph or so. And then you have to start questioning how much you need your licence anyway, if your going much over that on a regular basis.

You also get a sense of freedom that you dont get with a car, and you, yourself have to work and move around to make it go round the corner, rather than just turning a wheel.

But this time of year, ill take the slower, less economical, warm and try car, thanks. Haha.

I use to ride in all sorts of weather but now it's from beginning of march til the end of october  and I cover some 5.5k to 6k per summer especially up here in Scotland on the west coast brilliant roads.....nuff said  :)

• Like 1

Tbf, to have fun on a bike you done need to spend £8k really. Haha. Thats far too much for the road anyway.

£3k will get you a really decent bike. When the weathers good enough to have fun, a bike far out weighs a car for me, and always has.

Around 50mpg, most of em are 0-60 in about 3.5 seconds and even a non sporty bike will leave 99% of cars up until 100mph or so. And then you have to start questioning how much you need your licence anyway, if your going much over that on a regular basis.

You also get a sense of freedom that you dont get with a car, and you, yourself have to work and move around to make it go round the corner, rather than just turning a wheel.

But this time of year, ill take the slower, less economical, warm and try car, thanks. Haha.

Yep £2k is enough for some serious fun. £3k to £4k you are spoiled for choice. A colleague at work has the S1000RR, I'm currently bikeless.

Have been looking at this http://www.cmcbikes.com/pages/used/used-bikes/2009-09-Yamaha-FZ6%20Fazer-599cc/60019652.htm?YEAR=2009&REGLETTER=09&MAKE=Yamaha&MODEL=FZ6%20Fazer&ENGINECC=599#eq1 , may nip over this weekend.

They also have a 2010 S1000RR in. ;)

Cheers

Lee

Edited by logiclee

Get that bought ;). Im not a massive inline 4 fan myself, prefer a vtwin. Those fazers are supposed to be very good bikes though (y).

I go to cmc claycross quite a lot in summer, its a nice little ride out from buxton, where i live.

I dont think anybody really needs a s1000rr. Youd lose your licence before you hit the redline in 1st on most roads haha.

Im ridin an sv650 at the moment. Not massively fast bikes, but midrange torque is great and theyre a joy to throw around a bendy road.

Lookin for a vfr800 this year though i think :)

Get that bought ;). Im not a massive inline 4 fan myself, prefer a vtwin. Those fazers are supposed to be very good bikes though (y).

I go to cmc claycross quite a lot in summer, its a nice little ride out from buxton, where i live.

I dont think anybody really needs a s1000rr. Youd lose your licence before you hit the redline in 1st on most roads haha.

Im ridin an sv650 at the moment. Not massively fast bikes, but midrange torque is great and theyre a joy to throw around a bendy road.

Lookin for a vfr800 this year though i think :)

I've looked at the Gladius and my cousin has a V-Strom 1000 that he's selling in the summer but it's too big for me.

Fazer is just the right size and weight for me,

The S1000RR is crazy, does around 95mph at the red line in 1st but my workmate ensures me you can see 100mph indicated before the full throttle shift into second. Launch Control, Traction Control and Anti Wheelie ensures you don't have to be Guy Martin to get off the line without killing yourself.

Cheers

Lee

Yes! I like this idea! Haha.

But will a skoda forum actually do this? Hmm

No, talk cars or bugger off :D

You have two wheels two few and fall over in corners. :rofl:

As for the leather fetish, that much crotch sweat on a summers day is never cool

Vstroms are a big bike, but If you could manage it itd be great. 1000cc vtwin lump is to die for. Open the throttle at any revs and your gone. Really predictable to wheelie aswel im told. Although its not advised if it suffers the same wheelie oil starvation problem as the 650.

And sparkly, ahaha i knew someone would pipe up soon ;). Dont knock it till youve tried it mate ;).

I dont wear leathers by the way, i wear textiles. Cant be doin with leathers. Its only when you stop that you get too warm. And we dont stop half as often as the cage drivers ;) haha. :D.

Its each to their own at the end og the day though isnt it :).

Sparkly, on 26 Feb 2014 - 20:57, said:

No, talk cars or bugger off :D

You have two wheels two few and fall over in corners. :rofl:

As for the leather fetish, that much crotch sweat on a summers day is never cool

I don't fall off in corners and also I have no chicken strips either tyres are off the edges...;) also I'm old skool and don't do the leather suits either good gortex jacket, decent gloves, decent lid, and jeans with para boots.....then I'm not looking like a sweaty idiot... :)

Edited by Sixty7