How do I make my car look less, erm, ugly...

joncc

Looks like the Sport bumper on that :)

Yeah, I like that. Even if I said I didn't!

Edited by joncc
  • Like 1

Got this shot yesterday.  Can behind looked like mine did, only it had 14" steels + wheeltrims :D   Always like it when these "before and after" photo opps arise.

DSC_0022.jpg

New wheels, Jase?

An idea:

grasscar.jpg

Which particular feature are you suggesting I copy...

The flower print wheel covers?

The Germanic fonted banner?

The astroturf paint job?

...or something else entirely?

the lowering, did you only lower the rears or is the boot fully laden?

Wheels :thumbup:

Bit of back to black on the roof rails and the door handles.

Four steels, tyres and junk in the trunk.

No (other) lowering, but was expecting to get abuse about not having done so...

Yeah - back to black, good call!

• Like 1

Should have suggested this earlier. If you know of a decent vinyl place near by, get the B/C pillars covered in dark/black/matt or simialr vinyl. Back in the day there were kits to accomplish it but they're all long gawn now. Covering up the paintwork between windows homogenises the side view of the cabin.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fabia+b+pillar+covers&client=firefox-a&hs=DnV&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=B-shU_7kDKmV0AXQmIHQCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=1057

At least one example in that little lot.

J.

Should have suggested this earlier. If you know of a decent vinyl place near by, get the B/C pillars covered in dark/black/matt or simialr vinyl. Back in the day there were kits to accomplish it but they're all long gawn now. Covering up the paintwork between windows homogenises the side view of the cabin.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fabia+b+pillar+covers&client=firefox-a&hs=DnV&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=B-shU_7kDKmV0AXQmIHQCg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=1057

At least one example in that little lot.

J.

Nice idea. Like that

Found pic in here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/276912-rear-wind-deflectors-keep-them-how-they-are-or-remove/

Edited by joncc

On a serious note. Money don't come easy and life is a marathon not a sprint so save for up for a car you really want.

On a YOLO note. Do a Vrs estate and wait until your insurance is cheap enough to put a Vrs engine in it. Although it would have to be a good job because there's some very nice examples out there.

On a even more serious note if I saved a stack of cash I'd probably pay a chunk off the mortgage or stick it in a savings account for my boy. I'd have to have a significantly large excess of cash to buy a s****y motor or spend a big chunk on cars.

Not sure when I got so old. And sensible.

• Like 2