valeo smf conversion do i need anything else

hi there just wondered if the valeo kit from eurocarparts needs anything else like concentric slave cylinders etc and if it does need anything else what would the part numbers be for it.

im not clued up on my skoda as id like to be the beauty of having two kids and no time lmao 

I would order New flywheel bolts as you don't wanna snap one in the crank

Clutch kit should come as a 3 piece (thrust bearing, clutch plate and pressure plate) and of course the solid fly

Gunna need a ltr or 2 of gear oil aswel mate 

My g60 flywheel ect has arrived today, it's the bits mentioned above that I now need before I will do the job 

Hth 

Surely worth changing the gear oil while your fannying about in that area tho, wont do any harm

thank you mate.!! my sentiment excatly... things like this are seriously overlooked by a majority of population

and in any case, when removing the inside driveshaft cup doesnt it loose it through there??

Sweet cheers boys I think the kit comes flywheel bolts and everything including release bearing ill be sure to change the oil too.

Do any of u know where I can get a gates cam belt kit with water pump from I heard of a racing belt which lasts longer as its far stronger than the oem one any ideas??

Sweet ill have a look for the gates kit cheers.

I got a dilemma now my mechanic is saying to me to get a national clutch conversion kit and fitting will end up being 438 quid to me that dont seem right as 1. The only place I seen these kits is cheap on ebay 2. Ive never heard of anyone using anything else but valeo luk or saches

so are they talking rubbish as the are telling me the national kit is better than the others??

Don't use LUK clutches mate! 

They are ****e.. my e30 ate one from a week old!! 

Sachs are the best,, valeo second in my opinion 

And that much for fitting??? :-o

Bloody hell, I'd fit a clutch on my drive for hundred quid :-o

Thats parts and fitting I meant but never heard of national flywheel conversion think his trying to use cheaper parts and charge like his using the better ones and make more profit.

Its hard to find a decent place to get it fitted in kent everyone wants both arms and legs as well as my wallet.

I was quoted 200 if I bring my own parts but paranoia always gets better of me as ive got kids travelling in my car to.

Sorry but if you remove the cups on the gearbox the oil comes out... So yes you loose oil if you use this method? Clive ?

Exactly my point, because the box won't come out with inside cup still in the box...

Plus its a no brainer to fill with new oil while you're there anyways. Or is that just how I roll? Lol

I'm amazed what some folk will pay for a "g60" flywheel tbh, it's not unique to the g60 model, it's used on numerous different vw engines, mk3 golf gti 16v with abf engine code being the most common or the tdi model or pretty much anything with an 02a gearbox except a vr6 model.. if it was me I'd just get one from a scrapyard for a tenner and be done..

persoanlly I wouldn't bother changing the gear oil, it should last the entire life span of the vehicle.

Correct me if I'm work, but I have never removed the driveshaft flange on any VAG gearbox I have removed. 

Don't use LUK clutches mate! 

They are ****e.. my e30 ate one from a week old!! 

Sachs are the best,, valeo second in my opinion 

And that much for fitting??? :-o

Bloody hell, I'd fit a clutch on my drive for hundred quid :-o

There is nothing wrong with LUK clutches. They give one of the best warranties

Quickest and easiest way to remove the box...

is to remove both cups and break the drivers lower ball joint gives you extra room, goes back in easier too. Only thins is the cups are spring loaded so you need to apply pressure whilst re-inserting the bolt.