My Facelift vRS slow build....

DanBoy

Colour coded grille surround looks smart.

Ref the rear badge I had the same. Just used an extra layer of double sided foam to fill the void :D would prefer a slightly smaller badge to sit in the recess but it looks fine as it is.

Lol thats exactly what I did. Rear badge too big used tons of double sided tape, simple ;) Liking the color coded grille, that's next on my list. 

I had no problem replacing me rear badge. No pics of the old one but it came off mega easily.

A87F7DC1-B0BE-40E1-8263-779B10CFF228_zps

I ordered the 5J0 853 621 A Škoda badge. It lined up perfectly and stuck on really well. No extra foam tape needed. It's about 80mm diameter so pretty much a like for like replacement.

Looks the part:

092A6296-0BA7-4713-B6EC-937DF2B92923_zps

And as you can see it fits inside the recess:

7DCDA7E6-E52C-467D-B732-1EDD332A3855_zps

Hope this helps some folks with queries. I bought my badge from eBay £11.99 plus £2.50 postage (daylight robbery) but it is worth checking if the dealer can do it cheaper.

Edited by S400DDS
  • Like 2

Been a little bit naughty today as I've booked the car into Darkside Developments for a little tinkering at the end of June :)

Darkside are just down the road from me used them before on other cars i've had they know there stuff.

Ooh, lovely. I was seriously tempted by their DPF downpipe and a stage 2 map (Revo) but gotta kerb my spending a little at the minute (house decorations). :-(

Ooh, lovely. I was seriously tempted by their DPF downpipe and a stage 2 map (Revo) but gotta kerb my spending a little at the minute (house decorations). :-(

I've got to behave with my spending until that point lol, been let down with having the car lowered so its being sorted Good Friday now :D

Had a quick looks like the badge I ordered had different numbers on the end so I've re-ordered another one from the link that was kindly posted.

Another quick pic to show the colour coded grille.

4bc78e9f-d310-4f9d-ae2a-fb50924405c3_zps

• Like 3

Had the correct rear badge turn up today which now fits perfectly in the recess so I'm now a happy bunny.

Tomorrow is a big day as the car finally gets lowered while I'm working so I should have some more pics then :D

Was it easy enough to separate the grille parts for colour coding? Haven't looked at mine yet but will be changing the colour of it soon.

Was easy enough just took a couple of attempts and some sore fingers lol.

How much did you pay for your grille if you don't mind me asking? I'd love a black one.

The grilles vary in price but the retail we charge is £59 inc the vat but sometimes they are on offer on the website.

Slightly concerned at how many spring kits don't give the desired drop. Pop another pic on in a few days hopefully it will settle abit more for you

That's what I'm hoping, been giving it some stick to help it settle, ride is fine and it feels a bit more firmer in the bends now but will see if it drops anymore.