New Golf R

alex_e3

Jesus christ.... these things are seriously quick, as I've just found out!!

Got in and read up the specs - impressive machines. A tad under 300bhp, but a fancy self-adjusting 4WD system and VW claim 40mpg!!

Is it me or is the technology in cars these days verging on futuristic?!

I mean, take that little Fiesta for example.... 1.0 litre, 130bhp and 60+mpg!

I feel old (and I'm not!).

So like the new S3 then?

That's 296bhp iirc and I doubt VAG would make the Golf R 

much if any better/faster. Doesn't make much sense if it is, 

perhaps the new RS3 when it comes will be 340ish bhp to 

swing the 'hot hatch flagship' balance back in the favour of Audi.

Where did you find a Mk7 Golf R?

And yes they are are quick, really an Audi S3 without the badge.

New RS3 is 360 bhp plus if you believe the mags to beat the A45 AM

Guest BigJase88

Wait until they are over 5 years old.

Most will be ready for the scrapyard due to uneconomical repairs as all the computer trickery shortcircuits

Yeah just checked the specs and indeed they are 296bhp! Bloody rapid thing! Quad exhausts out the back as well :-)

Where did you find a Mk7 Golf R?

Just come across one about an hour ago. It was a 14 plate so must have been like 3 days old! Let's just say that the chap driving certainly wasn't following the running in schedule ;-)  (that's if they exist any more...!)

Wait until they are over 5 years old.

Most will be ready for the scrapyard due to uneconomical repairs as all the computer trickery shortcircuits

Actually Jase you have a good point there! Saying this though, most people who are gonna buy one of these (or a new S3) will probably have a new car before it goes wrong...  That means that we think we're getting a bargain, then have to pay thousands for a new DSG box!!

• Like 1

Should also sound quality. Though 41k is rather milking it even going options crazy my day dreaming spec was 36k.

Most thinks are lighter than a fabia by not having the cast iron lump of a pd engine.

Especially taking the **** with the price when that spec on the VW website £38,840 on the road price.

VW have a 250 bhp Polo R in the works but I didn't think that was due out yet, right sort of price though

Is that a Polo R Line, 1.2 TSi or the like? Or a LHD Polo R WRC.

A Polo GTI or a Polo Blue GT DSG is that sort of money.

& about the worst depeciating VW there is.

Not sure.  Cant see anything like it on the VW site, or the dealers site. Was definitely a Polo.

A golf in any shape or form isn't worth more than 25k imo

41k is an absolute pi55 take

Agree but not many will pay anything like that. Deals are there just need to look if it's a car u like not specifically this one lol

S3 for me ahead of it. V quick cars as the first post suggests