New arrival (part 1)

Lovely car, same as I have on order including the pano roof. I ordered mine 18-days after you but currently BW18. So not expecting until June. It's the new Skoda lottery!

Congratulations on a winning ticket. Hope you enjoy it.

Day 1 of commuting to and from work completed and having used the time stuck in traffic to play around with all the buttons.

Loving the pano roof and so far I've not found anything to moan about...it's just a great car.

Will have some more 1:1 time on the weekend.

Day 1 of commuting to and from work completed and having used the time stuck in traffic to play around with all the buttons.

Loving the pano roof and so far I've not found anything to moan about...it's just a great car.

Will have some more 1:1 time on the weekend.

Great post. I have to agree. My vrs and I have been together for a few thousand miles and about 10 weeks. There's no doubt that it is a great car. I'm looking forward to getting some time off work to pamper her and enjoy long drives together.

Argh!!! I so wanted to be one of the VRS owners who didn't have any issues with the car BUT...

Having used it in ECO mode today, the engine did cut out while I was driving and did require a manual start, e.g. Gear selector in N and pressing the start button. I remember a thread on that elsewhere but i don't think we ever got to the bottom of the issue?

Ok, a bit more info on this. I was driving along...maybe around 30 -40 mph and braking. The engine shut down and the maxi dot showed the message 'start engine manually'.

The car was in Eco mode and I was braking at the time the engine shut down. This happened twice in the same journey...ECO mode only so far. I have not had it happen in normal mode. Any ideas?

Ok, a bit more info on this. I was driving along...maybe around 30 -40 mph and braking. The engine shut down and the maxi dot showed the message 'start engine manually'. The car was in Eco mode and I was braking at the time the engine shut down. This happened twice in the same journey...ECO mode only so far. I have not had it happen in normal mode. Any ideas?

I had this same thing today, but I don't know why ... 

eco mode on the diesel vrs is screwed.  I get it about 45mph but havent had a switch off yet. just the rev counter bouncing off 1000rpm, car slowing down to 20 or 30mph then ..... eventually selecting a gear and away again.

ECO mode is rubbish, I've never used it more than a couple of hundred meters and never will again. The supposed additional economy is not worth the trouble.

A couple more pictures from todays outing and pic of the pano roof as requested...

Engine cut-out and dipped beam issue has not yet reoccurred. Though the refusal to respond to the accelerator in Eco mode after coasting is still happening.

post-110041-0-23120600-1394390624_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-54859000-1394390686_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-34932200-1394390702_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

A couple more pictures from todays outing and pic of the pano roof as requested...

Engine cut-out and dipped beam issue has not yet reoccurred. Though the refusal to respond to the accelerator in Eco mode after coasting is still happening.

Same as mine except you have the pano, seeing pics like this and haven a Superb L&K a few weeks ago for a few days with one made me think I really wished I had ordered it, however, you have to stop somewhere don't you?  Eiether way, I still love my car!

Sorry to hear it ain't all going well Bichti, not sure I've heard of an answer to the Eco Mode DSG cutout issue on the diesel either although, I find pulling the gear level back and engaging Sport Mode puts a huge smile on my face, it does sweet FA for the fuel economy though but, I just don't care.

Enjoy the car Bichti

Regards

T

Well car is back at dealers today to investigate headlight issue, engine cutting out in Eco mode and reluctance to take gas after coasting in Eco mode.

I have furnished them with the relevant threads from this forum so we shall see what comes back. Has anyone had any resolution to the above other than the replacement of the xenon control unit?

reluctance to take gas after coasting in Eco mode.

As stated in the manual (if I remember correctly!) you have to gently press the brake to get the DSG to get back in gear, not the throttle. Stupid, I know, but that's how it is... It's been mentioned around here a couple of times before.