My new Superb 2.0ltr 170 4x4 DSG elegance Estate

Ordered in November - collected on the 1st March in black. It replaced a superb 2 2.0 ltr 140 hatchback which was 5 yrs old and whilst inside there are some obvious similarities, as this new one has on,y received a 'facelift' - the car feels totally different.

My verdict after 2 weeks is "wow". That is all. What a car.

The active 4x4 system makes the car feel like its running on rails as the power is shifted around and the DSG gearbox is smoother than silk as it slides up and diwn the gearbox changing itself pretty much where I would change gear manually.that is both up and down the box. I have read some reviews which claim the DSG box was reluctant to change down. Not mine!!

The setting menu on the maxi dot display has so many more features and options. Footwell lighting brightness. Leaving / coming home timings and delays. All or just drivers door unlocking etc plus ( and I know there is a thread on here moaning that the superb didn't offer this function) you can auto fold the mirrors on locking the car!

My only question mark is, does anyone else with a brand new Skoda think the build quality is the same high standard?? Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, just not so sure it 'feels' quite as good as my last one. The door openers for example. The difference is so minute that a newbie to Skodas would still be highly impressed but this is my fourth. Not 100% sure it 'quite' as good.

The LED day time running lights, LED indicators and tail lights all look very high class. It's a beautiful car and Skoda have certainly upgraded it from the original 2009 model.

• Like 1

I would like to challenge you opinion on DSG :)

Would you put 6th at 60 km/h? :-)

Depends on how I was driving if I'm honest. I have found that if you use little pressure on the accelerator then it changes up at lower speeds, ie a more relaxed drive but it will also hold the gear longer if you put more wellie in. There is also the option of the S setting on the gearbox (sport). And that holds the gear longer.

Personal choice I suppose.

Love mine and I reckon GSG is better than my last two autos, GM in a Saab and Merc (CLK). As far as change up points are concerned mine seems happy in the 1000 to 1500 rev range unless I'm pressing on - which I probably am too often.

Enjoy your car they really are Superb.

At S it puts 3rd at 60 km/h. And I want 4th :) Not 6th, not 5th or 3rd. But ok, I have shift paddles. 

But I am getting used to it. Anyway, only 2000 km made so far after probably half a million km only with manual gearboxes :)

Fourth Superb - you've obviously had a of couple mark I cars too? I think the build quality has actually improved slightly.  It certainly doesn't feel any less well put together compared to my 2011.  I did go from elegance to L&K spec but that shouldn't make any real difference, although the leather is better on the L&K.  I would be concerned that build may suffer in future though - will success (and possibly erosion of market share with other VW/Audi products) lead to complacency? 

No this is my second Superb but fourth Skoda. I had two Octavias before the previous Superb. And my wife s on her third Fabia! All rather sad really when you think of it!!

Inside the car, everything is absolutely top quality. No complaints. The leather is wonderful when it's new.

What is the brown leather like? If I'm honest, that's what put me off going for he L&K.

Looks nice in the pictures .... Ordered my Superb Hatch 170ps 4 x 4 DSG Laurin & Klement with almost all the extra's last Saturday, can't wait... How many weeks did you have to wait? Dealer told me around 12 weeks...  :(

Hi Mike, welcome. I feel the same as you. I have just moved from a 2007 Superb 2.5 v6 that car felt more "solid" don't get me wrong the new one is a brilliant car and aim enjoying it,so much more to offer than my old one. This one appears to have shed some weight by more use of plastic body parts and possibly thinner metal parts, all helps to improve fuel efficiency. When I was looking for a new car for wifey I felt the other Marques had gone down the same route.

Looks nice in the pictures .... Ordered my Superb Hatch 170ps 4 x 4 DSG Laurin & Klement with almost all the extra's last Saturday, can't wait... How many weeks did you have to wait? Dealer told me around 12 weeks...  :(

A bit difficult to say as I went in in November and ordered it for 1st March. However, it was built in early January and arrived at the dealer within 1 week of being built!

Also - thank God for online sellers who sell at some 20% less than the dealers. My dealer matched them which dropped the price by over £6000.!

A bit difficult to say as I went in in November and ordered it for 1st March. However, it was built in early January and arrived at the dealer within 1 week of being built!

Sounds good, around 2 months for build... Hope mine gets built in two months :) really looking forward to getting it.. Ordered one in Cappucinno Beige... think it will suit the L & K brown leather.. 

Will get some pictures posted once I do get it :)

Everything crossed for a quickish delivery... Lol ... 50 years old... no chance ...Like a 5 year old at Christmas Lol

Edited by stuarttunstall

No this is my second Superb but fourth Skoda. I had two Octavias before the previous Superb. And my wife s on her third Fabia! All rather sad really when you think of it!!

Inside the car, everything is absolutely top quality. No complaints. The leather is wonderful when it's new.

What is the brown leather like? If I'm honest, that's what put me off going for he L&K.

Not as sad as me so, I'm on my sixth Skoda! I have ivory leather and magnetic brown exterior. Thankfully since facelift the ivory is an option as I wouldn't have bought the L&K otherwise if it was brown. Saw one in dealers before and wasn't nice but that's just me, there are a lot of people on here that like the brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only question mark is, does anyone else with a brand new Skoda think the build quality is the same high standard?? Don't get me wrong, it's still very good, just not so sure it 'feels' quite as good as my last one. The door openers for example. The difference is so minute that a newbie to Skodas would still be highly impressed but this is my fourth. Not 100% sure it 'quite' as good.

The LED day time running lights, LED indicators and tail lights all look very high class. It's a beautiful car and Skoda have certainly upgraded it from the original 2009 model.

After 2500 km I would say that I have no complaints on interior materials (to be honest - I care about engine performace more), but buid quality could be better. There is rattle in glowebox area, then in central screen area and one big one somewhere in the boot/passenger seats area. Also there are sounds when braking in reverse and small sound when braking (those are explained by the dealer as normal - see my other thread).

All in all - those are minor issues. What I expect from the car - no major breakdowns which would keep the car from moving :-)

Edited by LS108

Liking or disliking interior style is personal thing.

As for me - this is my kind of interior. No funny materials, no modern lines. I feel good it it.

The opposite is A6 interior. It seems that somebody put everything in it randomly :-)

My biggest disappointment with mine L&K is the quality of the door cards, the plastic seems to scratch and mark very easily . But I must reiterate after 7000 miles I still love it, particularly the DSG/AWD combination.

Yes I love the DSG/ 4x4 combination too.

LS108 - I wouldn't be happy with any form of rattling sound. Not from a Skoda. Mine is silent thankfully and hope it remains so. I wouldn't pay the sort of money you do for this top end Skoda and have things rattling!!

Anyhow, I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone buying a family car. There's so much space and you go and try to buy an Audi or BMW or even a Mondeo with the same spec, exactly the same and you'll be paying many thousands of pounds more for it. And for the servicing too.

I bet the Skoda bosses who offer 3 year roadside recovery have a huge smile on their faces knowing that it will be a rare occasion where this is needed!

They tell me the cambelt change interval is 80k on the two litre diesel whereas it's 125 k on the mondeo, that's a significant difference and cost as I intend to do high mileage in it

Edited by peterposh

Yes I love the DSG/ 4x4 combination too.

LS108 - I wouldn't be happy with any form of rattling sound. Not from a Skoda. Mine is silent thankfully and hope it remains so. I wouldn't pay the sort of money you do for this top end Skoda and have things rattling!!

Well, its just a car, so I accept that it is not perfect :D

To be honest - if I listen to the music - I hear no sounds. And some roads here are so bad, that you hear your brain rattling.