clicking charcoal cannister

this clicking is becoming annoying and im tempted to remove mine. ive seen the very good write up by bowders but just have a question..... will i get an engine light on even with the resistor fitted, like on the sai delete. ive now had sai mapped out but will a resistor be enough? who else has deleted this cannister?

If the canister solenoid is bad the noise drives you barmy and makes your engine sound dire at shows. Last 4 cars I've had the canister has been taken off or bypassed- ZERO adverse effects. If you're living in a country with average temps over 25degC I'd think a bit more about leaving it on but I'm in the UK, it's freezing all year round so there isn't a problem. 

Like everyone else, you just route the feed into your arch and done. However- I've removed n249,119 and SAI and the only engine light I get is from the canister (with resistor in place)- some people will get it, others won't. Handily torque now has an auto scan and clear function so whenever I'm on a longer journey I just have torque running in the background on my phone clearing away little CELs lol.

Seriously I can't even here the clicking. Get a louder exhaust bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think my miltek unresonated is loud enough with out sounding like a 17 year olds corsa with fart can attached!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I hear mine alot from outside the car. It sounds pants. My mate had a vrs and he removed it and sent it through the wing. I take it if you want to go on track it should be left on due to how hot everything gets?