Is my VED band wrong ?

Picked the new car up this week a diesel, 140 Elegance estate. All's been great so far, and then I got the disc through today £0 in yr 1 (excellent) and then V5 showing emissions of 121. Is this right as I thought it was 119 which puts it in the £30 pa bracket which I was looking forward to.

At 121 g/km it puts it at £105 pa a bit different....

Is this right -I checked the Skoda brochure and it's def advertised at 119 - am I missing something ?

Help!

Optional extras affect the emissions, the figures on the website are for a standard car. As the standard car is borderline, it would not take much to bump it up a band.

The July 2013 Skoda Superb brochure shows the emissions for your car as 121 g/km while the January 2014 version shows the figure as 119 g/km. The Hatchback is 119 g/km in both brochures. That said, the definitive figure for your car is the one shown in the V5C which is measured during the type approval process. Had you ordered the DSG or 4X4 versions, that would have bumped the VED into Band E.

• Like 1

Hi

I have the same problem with my 140 hp est.

I contacted skoda uk with my vin number.

Two days later I got a phone call from skoda uk, and was told d v l a had made a mistake.

Skoda sent me a letter with the correct details, and I have sent it onto d v l a with my v5 for them to correct the v5.

• Like 1

I spoke with Skoda today and the person was really helpful and interested. They took all of the details and promised to come back. I would be interested to know what the DVLA response is, but it would be really good to get this sorted positively.

Potentially good news. Skoda phoned today to say the information they have provided to DVLA is wrong. The emissions for my car should be 119 but Skoda have sent the wrong figure of 121 to the DVLA which puts it up a band.

Skoda are sending me a letter which the DVLA will need ( have spoken to them), but it seems as though a mistake has been made but one that could potentially affect quite a few people.....

Will keep everyone posted.

• 1 month later...

Good news. I have now had through a revised V5 from the DVLA with a new lower figure of 119 g/km which puts it in the lower VED band of £30.

This will apply to anyone else with a 140 bhp Estate, so I'd suggest it's def worth doing and save yourself £75 each year.....

• Like 1

Not sure to be honest, though I guess the engine is the same pre and post FL though maybe the newer one might be a bit lighter ?

Certainly worth finding out though.

Skoda sent a letter which I sent to DVLA and pretty painless to be honest.

• Like 1

Big difference in pre FL and FL cars regarding co I am afraid. It was one of things that I did not like having come from sub 120g/km group to 147 ish that I have now in my 2012 reg Superb.

Edited by Danny 57