Red Mk2 FL VRS

88rsr

Cheers bud, yeah just DIY. The badge splits easily, and I'm certainly no painter (if you saw the grille up close you'd laugh... I do) but for little things like that I have a go and it looks decent enough. :D

• Like 1

Where did you get your splitter from?

Looks like a superskoda one? Maybe

Edit - looks like it's this one http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-04-08-front-bumper-DTM-spoiler correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons

I'm pretty sure it is a superskoda one, either that or the maxton design one off ebay (probably the same thing) but again it was second hand so couldn't tell you exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers bud,

Not loads to report, changed the timing belt last weekend, was literally bang on 59000 as I put it in the garage but I daren't write that in the book as it almost looks like I've just guessed at the mileage :D

I had actually missed the interval according to the year on mine so I guess I've been lucky but glad it's done now.

Headlight doesn't need to come out but for the 10-20 seconds it takes it gives you a bit more light and access which is useful.

Obligatory pic of the car mid way through :notme:

20160213_130835_zpscmnybsw5.jpg

Thinking of going back to 18's and coilovers at some stage... perhaps even standard ready to sell, but its genuinely a hard car to move on from. I've been fancying an S3 for a while but other than the power increase and 4WD it's quite difficult to justify when I've got a pretty good all rounder in this car. We'll see :dull:

• 3 weeks later...

This car is mint. Never been a fan of red or the badge-less grill but I am now, it just works on this. Love the suspension too. Wish I had the balls/cash/know how to do some of this.

Was thinking of doing a thread for mine but it'll be pretty tame in comparison

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate and cheers,

To be fair I never set out to buy a red one I fancied white or blue, but bar Columbus and MFSW it had a really good spec.

With the work on it I guess the way I see it is the things I've done/can do are only matching my abilities which was helped by the fact I started out as a mechanic (Vehicle Technician to give it the posh name shown on the certificates lol). Even then I look at some of the stuff people do and wish I even had a pinch of their skill/talent, one thing I would like is if I had a lot more fabrication skills.

Other things like the little bits of painting are just because I like to have a go and have done small items in the past on other cars I've had, but honestly that grille I really really need to re-do as it looks terrible in real life as I ran out of paint mid way through doing it but have since bought some more for when I can be bothered to try again.

Nothing wrong with starting a thread, its nice to keep a little progress on what you've done, you never know you might start off saying you aren't doing much and then in a year or 2 think wow I've done quite a lot actually.