mk2 vrs tfsi

VrsStebuzz

Insurance due 24th,renewal came yesterday £1448. Rang green light and got same policy with all mods declared for £589 absolutely made up with that. Aesthetic mods won't affect it and I can fit exhaust-induction-remap un-affected too.

• 5 weeks later...

Very nice. I like the alloys (have done since you put them on) and the car's looking in pretty good shape. I love it when you get to a point your car looks 'together'!

Cheers mate, I feel it's getting there but needs lowering to set it how I want aesthetically.

So am I, I gave the boots a wipe over the night before just to stop grease flinging around my arches, checked after mot and none visible so he mmust have been able to see the splits.

Alloys are B)

Get some stretchy CV boots and a cone and they're dead easy to replace and may save you a headache further down the line!

Edited by King85

• 3 weeks later...

Mods are on their way!!!

Ordered servicing items for the car and got a little carried away, ordered superpro dogbone insert as the engine shift when I come off throttle is really doing my head in. Then cancelled air filter out of the service basket and ordered the ramair oversized induction kit instead.

Pressure washer blew up on me Thursday too so ordered a nilfisk which unfortunately means I'll have to invest in some snow foam now....

Pic of her all clean.

IMG_20160303_192456.jpg

IMG_20160303_192832.jpg

Next up will be tints and then lowering.

Dog bone insert is a great little mod. Really reduced all the shifting and clunking during gear changes. Also almost totally cured the vibrations at biting point. Ram air filter is pretty good too, quite loud but does the trick and I felt a difference mid/top end.

Glad to hear about the dogbone opted for this as the easier option over the Gear bushings so hopefully will save doing those too.

Had my eye on the ramair for a while hoping it gives a meaty rev as the standard noise is appalling.

Didn't really change the rev noise too much for me tbh. Lots of turbo noises tho. I read recently someone say it sounds like a jet taking off- that's pretty accurate I'd say lol. A bit annoying at wot low revs as sounds like high water pressure inside the car. Mine whistles at 4-5k under full boost too. Little quirks but im not gonna spend 400 odd quid on something similar with a badge lol.

Edited by tequilan

It should arrive tomorrow and fit it the weekend then hopefully. I know revs is the best rated one and the only real difference is this isn't a solid piece and I can't see the joints creating that many issues with airflow.turbo noises I want, any flutter off it?

Loads of flutter. Foot down til you can hear the boost build then let off 90% ish suddenly. Bit of a technique to it but you'll figure that out lol.

Edited by tequilan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oil change today...

IMG_20160402_123620.jpg

IMAG3300.jpg

Also fitted my dogbone insert.

IMAG3294.jpg

Really happy with it stopped the engine rock on Gear change and no added vibration, also reduced the severity of the wheel hop which is a bonus.

Cheeky pic afterwards.

IMG_20160402_123707.jpg

More progress to come Friday...

Edited by VrsStebuzz
  • Like 1

I fitted mine dog bone and it's made the wheel hop worst I think :-/ hammer it out of junctions in to 2nd and it's all over the shop :-/

Did you tighten to 90nm + 1/4turn? When I was reading up about them it was suggested over tightening can have negative effects. This for me is like night and day, don't get me wrong the wheel hop is still there it's just far less aggressive.

Enjoyment short lived. Wouldn't start this morning, did on a jump drove to liverpool which is a good 20 minute run, turned off and wouldn't start again.

Wife has been and picked a new battery up as I'm hoping it's just lost its ability to hold charge, as if it was alternator it wouldn't of lasted so long. If I make it home after work I can find out.