2015-model

Probably, but I would stop at three hundred for a few inches of flat bit if I had the round one with the same functions.

The flat bit comes free.  You are paying to have the fourth spoke removed.  The 3 spoke wheel was that kind of price before they added the flat bottom free with it.  To my mind it only makes sense if you have DSG as you can't get the paddles on the 4 spoke wheel

The flat bit comes free. You are paying to have the fourth spoke removed. The 3 spoke wheel was that kind of price before they added the flat bottom free with it. To my mind it only makes sense if you have DSG as you can't get the paddles on the 4 spoke wheel

Not if you already have a round VRS wheel though, which was what I was driving at

With a round wheel

• Like 1

Here's a pic of my wheel. Car delivered yesterday. I was surprised when I had a message from the dealer a few weeks ago telling me that I would now have a MY15 car which would come with certain upgrades, which included cruise control. I thought this was standard across the range so I'm glad I've got it as I'd be well miffed if it had come without. No idea what else differentiates it from a MY14.

I quite like the flat bottomed steering wheel, it doesn't detract from the important the job the steering wheel does, which is steer the car, and having the flat bottom means I can balance a pint in my lap without taking the head off it whilst easily holding a burger in my other hand.

;)

Nice one rekojoker :)

Did your dealer say anything about the vrs badge in the steering wheel? Can you get one when they become available?

• Like 1

Nice one rekojoker :)

Did your dealer say anything about the vrs badge in the steering wheel? Can you get one when they become available?

You know what, I hadn't even noticed there was no VRS badge on the steering wheel. Should it have one? It just has a hole so I can see my feet.

No idea about the dealers, it came on the back of a truck from Falkirk some 353 miles from here

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up my MY15 VRS yesterday - Flat bottomed steering wheel with the VRS badge.

Cool, can you post some pictures? All the ones I've seen so far are not so clear.

Lousy phone camera and even worse photographer, but...

attachicon.gifDSC_0003.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC_0004.JPG

Hm, I'd rather like to have the vrs badge on my steering wheel too, I rather feel I'm lacking now as it would be a good distraction to rest the eyes upon at my daily commute runs, with lane assist, beam assist, dsg and acc there is a lot of spare time in the cockpit, certainly enough to glance trough headlines of the daily while sipping my morning coffe;)

One thing I have noticed on MY15 Estate is the reverse parking screen doesnt go off for 8-10 secs after putting in neutral. If you go forward then it goes off once you hit 5-7 mph. Another member called Chris6663 has confirmed that too.

Is this the case with any of your MY15 car?

One thing I have noticed on MY15 Estate is the reverse parking screen doesnt go off for 8-10 secs after putting in neutral. If you go forward then it goes off once you hit 5-7 mph. Another member called Chris6663 has confirmed that too.

Presuming you don't have front sensors?

• Like 1

Just the rear ones. No front sensors.

Personally I prefer the behaviour as the MY15 way.

Reason is 2 fold;

1. It makes my music quieter so I can concentrate - otherwise manoeuvring to park is accompanied by the music going loud/quiet

2. Often if parking on a hill I will just roll backward in first gear so rear sensors on at that point is handy!

In the loan Yeti I have it turns them on/off instantly with selection of reverse/neutral and I have to say it really annoys me! If fact just 20 mins ago when parking it, it annoyed me then and I thought it was stupid, so it was ironic to read your post just after!

Edited by josedebardi
  • Like 1

Personally I prefer the behaviour as the MY15 way.

Reason is 2 fold;

1. It makes my music quieter so I can concentrate - otherwise manoeuvring to park is accompanied by the music going loud/quiet

2. Often if parking on a hill I will just roll backward in first gear so rear sensors on at that point is handy!

In the loan Yeti I have it turns them on/off instantly with selection of reverse/neutral and I have to say it really annoys me! If fact just 20 mins ago when parking it, it annoyed me then and I thought it was stupid, so it was ironic to read your post just after!

That makes sense to me. I

I think its a new feature or added feature I would say but when dealers tell you its not normal then it makes you think twice. I am going to cancel the appointment with the service team now as its just un necessary to have a 2 days old car go through all this and especially when we know its a handy feature to have..

Thanks a lot mate...

• Like 1

I have the same behaviour in our march my14 car, and as others I prefer this.
  • Like 1

Ok, I don't know where to post this question BUT! I've ordered the new RS Octavia, Australian spec. It's on a boat, left UK this week from Belgium not in the ocean in West Africa.

I was so close in the factory giving me puddle lights and folding mirrors, it can't be ordered on the RS here in Aus but standard on the Elegance.... Odd but seen a few UK RS's with them!

Anyway to retro fit/wire up folding mirrors? SuperSkoda have a kit or anyone know how to do it? I've checked local spec mirrors here on both models, the RS doesn't even have a moulding under the mirror for the lights shaped as the Elegances!

Thoughts?