New vRS TDi in Edinburgh

S400DDS

Hey, first post as my introduction. I've been in the VAG family for a while (3 Golf GT TDi's previously) but first time Škoda owner.

Next Saturday I'm collecting a 2010 '60' plate Facelift vRS TDi in Corrida Red. No pics as of yet (you know what a standard one looks like) but here's the spec:

Full Black Leather interior with front heated seats

Dual Climate Control (standard I think)

Cruise control

Xenon headlights (unsure if AFS or anything)

Headlight washers

Front and Rear optical parking sensors

Diversity aerial (again, standard?)

Air Con Jumbo Box

Passenger under seat drawer

And a Kenwood DNX520vbt

Managed a small deal with the Škoda Dealer (approved used car). In summary:

Extra £200 trade in value on my Golf GT TDi 170 (PD)

£250 off the price of the car

2 free services (changed the car to time/distance servicing but agreed on long life oil.

Cambelt change before I collect the car

Repaint front bonnet to remove stone chips.

I'm also going to ask them to replace the water pump while they're in there.

Pics will come when i get the car. Anything I should be looking out for (worthwhile mods, etc)?

I'm familiar with tuning the VAG TDi engines. Both my previous Mk5 Golfs were upped in power, brakes, etc.

Plans for this car are:

- Darkside Development downpipe (DPF removed)

- Possibly Milltek Catback exhaust (TSi) or custom

- Suitable remap (Shark, PDT or Revo?).

- Braided Brake lines front and rear from HEL. Probably EBC agree stuff pads to keep the dust at bay.

- New Style Škoda Badges and wheel centres. Tempted to remove the vRS badges and have more of a Q-car.

Most other forums I've been on have a thread titled "Best Mods for under £100". Anything similar here?

I've already got my hands on a new LED Columbus Headunit, before I realised the car has the Kenwood already (thought it had MFD2 unit). What should I keep?

A sneak preview. Will upload full pics one I take delivery. Signed it off yesterday as well as checking up on the garage to make sure they replace the water pump at the same time as the cambelt.

DC771CD7-36F3-4410-A796-85C01DC65673_zps

308a51cc6a57d3cc7ee9d3dc1e627f30_zpsa182

A0F9FD09-9EAF-43F3-A058-E48742C15785_zps

E193C0C6-D365-48CE-8BD9-0D995A4068EC_zps

Xenons are AFS (bending) We have them on my wife's car, they are great and I wouldn't be without them now.

If you have maxidot then you can put them into tourist mode when you drive on the continent, flattens the beam and saves using light bending stickers on the front of the headlight.

Nice car by the way. Be careful if you delete the DPF, change in mot rules, would it still pass if they spot that it has been deleted?

Pleasantly surprised to find I have 340mm (or 345mm?) front brakes. Obviously owned by an enthusiast before. :)

Now realising I was a bit over excited before. Brakes are standard 312mm. :(

Don't think I have maxidot, although it is a black/white display.

No maxidot as far as I can work out. Seems to be the lesser version. :( today I managed to remove the full Kenwood, GPS puck and Mic installation. Replaced with a Columbus. I like the more OEM look and compatability with the heating controls, etc.

Quick question. How do I get the parking sensors (Optical Parking) to show up on the Columbus?

Next up is to retro fit a 7P6 Bluetooth module and OEM mic so I can have hands-free again. :)

Old look, Kenwood, GPS Puck (Top right) and Mic at top of driver side A pillar

A6700A86-4535-46D8-900E-3765C9934252_zps

New look, LED Columbus (Rev K) much more OEM. :-) also fitted a new gear lever top (chrome part).

6C55EC2A-0A2B-4973-AC1A-9AAF2548D316_zps

Edited by S400DDS

• 2 years later...

Sad to see the back of my Octavia, but I traded it in last week. :(

A car more than worth its money. Add a REVO Stage 1 map to it and it was brilliant. Approx 200 bhp and 50+ mpg all day long. Feeling the loss of power already, going down to a standard car.

I made the move to a SEAT Leon FR 184 Technology Pack. A very smooth car, too easy to find yourself on the wrong side of the speed limit. :-S so many toys and gadgets, loving it already.

797550B7-8CA1-45DE-83E6-EC7495ED0DEF_zps

I'll stick around the forum, great place for much usefully info. :-)

Nooo!! If I knew somebody on here was looking for an Octavia I'd much rather have done a private sale. PM me and I'll give you all the history/details about it. Enjoy the car, when I traded it in it was running solidly, engine like a train. Glad to see it's kept in the hands of a fellow Briskodian.

Did the sales guy mention a remap at all? As you can see above I've had a REVO Stage 1 on it since 69,000 miles. Much improved the torque, acceleration and economy. :)

P.S. I still have a Bluetooth module, mic and loom I never got round to fitting. Have already sold the new style wheeel centre caps though. :-/

To be honest an Octy was on a list of a few cars I have been thinking about and stumbled on it whilst browsing auto trader last Friday. The spec really stood out as it has pretty much everything I want on a car when the sales guy mentioned the re-map when I enquired it just helped seal the deal. Car drove lovely on the test drive, felt so much stronger than my Mk4 Golf PD130 which has been remapped to 175bhp and 310ft/lb torque. Just waiting for the garage to sort out a few bits on the paint (top of NSR door and OSR wheel arch) then I will be able to pick it up. Can't wait!!

4 minutes ago, S400DDS said:

P.S. I still have a Bluetooth module, mic and loom I never got round to fitting. Have already sold the new style wheeel centre caps though. :-/

Interested as it's on the list of things to do... The ad for the wheel centre caps is what led me to this thread. PM Sent!

20 hours ago, S400DDS said:

Would you be interested in selling the bluetooth module? if so what is the part number and how much would you be willing to sell for?

20 hours ago, S400DDS said:

Would you be interested in selling the bluetooth module? if so what is the part number and how much would you be willing to sell for?

21 hours ago, dilksie said:

Interested as it's on the list of things to do... The ad for the wheel centre caps is what led me to this thread. PM Sent!

47 minutes ago, Priyesh said:

The Bluetooth Module is the 5N0 035 730 D with the following spec:

3G = 3G / UMTS Network Support
HFP = Hands Free Profile (phone connect to car, uses car mic and speakers)
PBAP = Phone Book Access Profile
A2DP = Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Media/Audio Files on your Phone play on your Car's Radio/Stereo
rSAP = Remote-SIM Access Profile (Phone inactive/standby, Bluetooth Module takes over all Functions

This works with iPhone and Android, and support Bluetooth Audio (music streaming).

It requires a Black and White Instrument Cluster display, and doesn't work with the older red-dot cluster.

Hope this info helps. I will dig out the parts tonight and post some photos. Willwork out a price then too. In fairnes I offered the unit to @dilksie first. @Priyesh you can have first refusal if he turns it down.

The loom will be similar to here: Blackline Bluetooth Kit Loom Mic (Eddie)

Refer to the Ross-Tech website (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting)

Edited by S400DDS
Loom info added
  • Like 1

That's fine car is already pretty much ready to take the new module. I am only upgrading it as my wife and I got new phones 2 weeks ago and rsap is not fully supported by our phones so we require HFP. Let me know what price and if @dilksie wants it or not.

Thanks for your reply.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Priyesh said:

That's fine car is already pretty much ready to take the new module. I am only upgrading it as my wife and I got new phones 2 weeks ago and rsap is not fully supported by our phones so we require HFP. Let me know what price and if @dilksie wants it or not.

Thanks for your reply.

The Bluetooth unit has been sold to @dilksie pending payment. What phone do you have @Priyesh? Do you know what BT module you currently have? Just found a second module in my treasure chest. Its a 5N0 035 730 A so is slightly older. Will try and research it's capabilities.