Monte Carlo Tech 1.6 TDI. 600 miles to a tank!

I've finally managed just over 600 miles to a tank of fuel,ordinary every day driving/commute. This is without extreme economy driving but by being carful anticipating the road ahead and moderate speeds etc.

What sort of economy/miles to a tank are people getting ?

post-9381-0-77311500-1396517292_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Near to 500 usually - wrong type of driving (hammer down, country roads).

this tank though, has currently lasted for 3 weeks and is at about half tank - predicting over 500 miles.  As the next journey in it will be about 80 miles one way, steady, I reckon I may have my record economy!

I'm very heavy footed and only do about an hour of motorway for every 6hrs town. But if I were to drive like a normal person, i'd probably be able to match that. However I never run it that empty  :giggle:

My best recorded MPG on the daily setting is 68.7MPG.

I've had nearly 700 doing to tank mod, but using just normal load of fuel I think the best I've had is 550 miles.

Can't get anywhere near that. About 450 miles to a tank from my 1.6TDI 105. 90% of that is on the motorway :(

It has been getting better recently but I think that is down to the 50mph limit on the M56 roadworks.

Or could be due to it being a bit warmer and less wind (not from me :D).

What do you mean by 'a tank' though.  I get 450 ish before the warning light comes on - have had 480 with the reader saying range 40 miles.  I've no clue what the reserve is like on a fab...