So Angry

Had to nip to supermrket yesterday, came back to my Rapid to find 7 great scratches down the Passenger Door,  No dents just very deep scratches.  Looks like a shoppng trolley has been pushed down the side.  Now booked in for respray at £300. 

This is exactly the reason that I park towards the back of the car park where there is loads of room. I'm happy to walk an extra 200m so I don't have to squeeze into a space or have someone careless throw their door open into the side of my car.

Some people just don't care.

Still it doesn't stop some **** from parking right next to you, even though there are 50+ spaces around you to choose from.

• Like 3

Sorry mate. Can't think of anything worse to come back to. Some people need a good..... You know what I mean!

Sent using my right thumb

It's the school holidays and Granny is looking after little Beelzebub, I sat in my car at Asda yesterday and it was like the bewildered trying to train monkeys to push trollies.

thanks for all your comments, I actually felt sick when I saw it.  Still not happy about it.  It isn't a full respray but because of the depth of the scratches 3 panels (driver door, damaged passeneger door and rear wing) have to be done for the colour to be right.  Nott worth claiming on my insurance as the excess is £250 and I was told about £280 forr the respray, the exact words were it will definitely be no more than £300.  Goes in on Monday. 

Yes I also park miles away from other cars or next to an expensive car (if I have to).  I was alays told if you park next to another Brand new or an expensive car theirowners tend to be slightly more careful re opening door. 

I was parked up in the supermarket waiting for my wife and a young kid banged their door 3 times into my last car, the woman with him gave me abuse when I told him to be careful. What can you do in this situation? I would be the bad guy for arguing with a woman and child.  :wall:

thanks for all your comments, I actually felt sick when I saw it. Still not happy about it. It isn't a full respray but because of the depth of the scratches 3 panels (driver door, damaged passeneger door and rear wing) have to be done for the colour to be right. Nott worth claiming on my insurance as the excess is £250 and I was told about £280 forr the respray, the exact words were it will definitely be no more than £300. Goes in on Monday.

Yes I also park miles away from other cars or next to an expensive car (if I have to). I was alays told if you park next to another Brand new or an expensive car theirowners tend to be slightly more careful re opening door.

IMHO parking away from others is just asking some in this world to deliberately Park next to you and damage your car

£300 due to some t***'s recklessness is infuriating. I remember pulling into a space near the local sports centre years ago in a nearly new 307 SW. A clearly dense b**** threw open the passenger door in the beetle beside me, thwacking it into my driver's door. Amazingly there was no damage but equally no genuine apology. I wonder what occupied the huge void between her ears.

I was parked up in the supermarket waiting for my wife and a young kid banged their door 3 times into my last car, the woman with him gave me abuse when I told him to be careful. What can you do in this situation? I would be the bad guy for arguing with a woman and child. :wall:

I had the same thing.

Car back today, what a magnifecent job he done.  It now looks dirty becuase of the dust left on the car.  I was told not to wash it for a day.  I did ask if he could remove the wax( I waxed it God knows how many times).  I want to put a sealant on it as I think silver looks better with a sealant rather than a wax but knew I couldn't put a seal on top of a wax.  Autoglyms High Gloss protection, them maybe wax over that in another couple of weeks.  Total cost for respray 3 panels £280.  I hope the **** that casued the damage breaks his or her leg.