vRS MK2 ENGINE REPLACEMENT: ARE ALL CUSTOMERS GETTING CONSISTENT TREATMENT FROM Skoda UK andDealersips

Oh no, not until engine replacement at least! im stupid but im not quite that stupid. id never consider touching my anything to do with performance at the moment but I will get the engine done and id rather get everything in ready! I really dont want to sell the car with engine problems or not so I'd like to get the stuff I want ready! I wouldn't even consider changing a filter at the moment!

Once you get a New Engine Fitted, and an Extended Warranty on the engine, i would still not touch it.

£4,000 you are looking at presently if they do not do the work as a Good Will Gesture,

& even when the Engine has been replaced, some replacement engines have failed.

Several just among Briskoda Members.

If your Engine gives up, you are well and truly stuffed with a Bill for a few Thousand,

or a Non Runner car worth only a few thousand if it was to go Breaking for spares or Repair.

When it is Using Oil and a Spark Plug is getting fouled, which one or more does,

do not drive that car hard,

If it has a Misfire Under load, or a Plug, Coil or Valve fails.

you are likely to be sitting at the side of the road on heading home in 'Limp Mode'.

• Like 1

Jesus, how bad are these engines skoda are issuing if replacements are screwing up as well?

Thanks for the info, i'll give that a miss then I guess! shoulda bought an audi haha!

There would be little point in that, its all parts from the Volkswagen Group in the VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat's.

When they get them wrong, its usually the same in all the 4 brands.

The Audi Interiors & Exteriors are nice,  & the Failures usually just more costly.

Vorsprung Durch Technik.

Just a update on my new engine,

Picked up my car tonight it had a recon cave engine put in with all new CTHE parts in it. Service book stamped up with the details and also got a paper copy from dealer that it has had a engine replacement.

My car is a Dec 10 which has done 28000 mile before engine change.

Will know if it a good one after I've run a few mile and checked the oil. Hopefully not a drinker like the last one.

Did you get that done through good will or did you have to pay for that may I ask?

A little update on mine. they promised to ring me today regarding a price on an intake manifold and breather mod as they want to fit these to see if this fixes the problem. May I ask has anyone else has an intake manifold changed to try and decrease oil consumption? they want me to pay for this may i add which is why I was expecting a call. Come 4pm I rung them as I had no call, the case manager promised to cal back in 10 minutes, do you think they called me back? no! another E-mail off to skoda as evidence in my case.

By the way Andy im in in stoke on trent early in june! be cool to check your fabia out!

My engine replaced last year. Horror of a story tbh. I think I posted about it last year too. Anyway, had new engine and gearbox. Took a massive 12 weeks. I refused to have the vehicle back unless they gave me the extended warranty (extending it to the total of 4years- just at 3 years now) as I had lost confidence in the vehicle.

I suppose everyone's experience will be differs and some garages will be more proactive than others to press for customers.

• Like 2

Daz,

Mine was changed under the skoda approved extended warranty. However I had the breather mod etc done under manufacturer warranty. My dealer tried get good will out of the factory as to cut the cost for skoda UK but according to them it not a big enough known problem.

In your case you will more than likely struggle get good will from the factory like I did so it will be down to Skoda UK to do the right thing.

You will have pm me with the details when your this way mate

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've ran 450 mile on the new engine so far, hasn't used any oil going off the dipstick. Hopefully it going be a good one.

I've had a extra 12 month warranty and in the process of sorting out some compensation for money spent on oil.

• Like 2

Every oil consumption test and when it been serviced it all has been there. So like you have said they have put 3.7 litres in.

Will ask them next time I'm in which should be this week as I want my engine bay cleaning out as it is filthy. It looks like the tech guy couldn't b arsed to have pride in his work

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any new replacement stats Big Sheep? or car undergoing consumption test or owners giving up and PX and losing even more money!?

From the 119 (UK based only) Briskodian's who have made posts in the Fabia II forum about vRS high oil consumption, 56 have gone on to have (or are in the process of having) a replacement engine. Four of these cases have involved a second replacement engine.

• Like 1

Car has been in to Lightcliffe warrington today for consumption test. They did the breather mod, and zip tied the dipstick in place, just call back in 700 miles and see how it goes...

8.5k and 10 litres so far.

They admitted to fitting 6 engines since January, and number 7 was going in today!

Still love this car

• Like 1

Car has been in to Lightcliffe warrington today for consumption test. They did the breather mod, and zip tied the dipstick in place, just call back in 700 miles and see how it goes...

They admitted to fitting 6 engines since January, and number 7 was going in today!

Still love this car

That is interesting,good luck sounds like drinker

Edited by vrskeith

Bump, for VRSMick.

People do get Extended Warranties on the Engine.

Beyond the current period of the Original Manufacturers Warranty Period of 3 Years in the UK.

Skoda UK try to get away with the Minimum,

& the Inconsistent treatment of the Owners of the faulty CAVE 1.4 TSI that have required replacement is a disgrace.

1,800 of the Fabia vRS  with them fitted Registered in the UK.

Dozens of engines replaced, actually Hundreds now,  but Skoda are not telling just how many,

some cars had engines repaired or replaced several times, & Skoda UK still mess the Owners about.

See post #34

• Like 1

Could anyone that has Had a New Engine or Gearbox or are undergoing the Oil Consumption test & the SKODA Customer Services way of dealing with Customers & Owners 

please post their Experience.

There are a few members that were undergoing the Skoda UK way of doing things, and they seem to have stopped reporting in, 

so no Idea where they got to, or if like others they gave up and got shot of the Oil Burner,

This then means some unfortunate person may end up buying a Mk2 vRS with Unresolved issues.

*Pass the Parcel with cars that Skoda know have had issues in the past 4 years and sadly the buyer of the used car are left dealing with it 

out of the Original Manufacturers Warranty.*

george

• Like 1

That is interesting,good luck sounds like drinker

Still love this car

How are things progressing, are you near the 700 miles yet?