Forge DV alternative question

Hi again folks. So I'm gonna replace my standard DV but don't want to spend £110 on a forge item. Is this one just as good/do the same job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-SEAT-LEON-IBIZA-CUPRA-1-8T-RECIRCULATING-DIVERTER-DUMP-VALVE-RECIR-/380446105058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58945adde2

Or do you guys have another recommendation? Thanks

I bought one of these when I owned a VRS, & the seal failed in less the 12 months. Compbrake DV seems to popular with a lot of members, & much cheaper than a Forge.

There is a myth that aftermarket DV's are a performance upgrade, but they are not unless your running big boost on a highly tuned engine. Yes OEM DV seal is prone to failing over 50k, & isn't very pretty, but it only costs £25.

I got one of these, fitted it to my brothers old vRS. A forge seal and spring work just fine with them as it's a brutal copy of a Forge item (probably why you can't get the Compbrake one any more?)

Just saying ;)

Why spend 100 and odd quid on replacing on something that works perfectly fine as it is,

the standard valve will take you well into stage 2 and will take most of whatever the standard K03s can throw at it

Hi again folks. So I'm gonna replace my standard DV but don't want to spend £110 on a forge item. Is this one just as good/do the same job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-OCTAVIA-SEAT-LEON-IBIZA-CUPRA-1-8T-RECIRCULATING-DIVERTER-DUMP-VALVE-RECIR-/380446105058?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item58945adde2

Or do you guys have another recommendation? Thanks

Replace it with another std DV :rofl:

Actually the newer std DV are much better built with a better diaphragm and way better seal than any other none OEM(apart from forge maybe)

most aftermarket DV of lower quality leak. 

oem is only £30 

• Like 1

Ok new 710n fitted, old 710n removed (who knew) but management light still on. Car still drives ok. Idles a bit wayward every so often. I've cleaned the throttle but didn't change anything either. Oh and the old DV works fine!!

Have you checked and cleared the codes? The light means a fault code is stored which will point you towards the problems. Also, did you uplug the throttle body to clean it? If so, you'll need to run adaptation with VCDS.

What is the fault code stored in the ECU?

Most common causes of poor idle are split boost/vacuum pipes, or faulty coolant temp sensor.

BTW. Have you checked to see if your car is covered under the VAG coilpack replacement campaign?

I had a massive air leak in an inlet hose of some sort. Car now all sorted, idling perfect and no dash lights!! Happy days!! Had the service reminder reset too. Downsides. Change of situation now means I'm going down to one car so I've put the skoda up for sale on eBay. I can't advertise it on this site, how do I get it on the sales page? Do I have to be a paying member?