VRS cloth seat trim - how is it holding up so far ?

Took a vrs for a test drive and are considering purchasing one (or maybe a lower line model - still considering all the options) but I thought the seat fabric seemed a bit low end and was just wondering how those with a bit of use are finding it after some real life use ?

Don't want to order leather as I have had a few cars in the past that way equipped but it just gets too hot here for my liking...

I thought the same about my 2007 Fabia vRS when I got it and 7 years later when I sold it, it still looked like new.

The Octy interior certainly looks to be made of similarly hard-wearing fabric.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, glad to hear you guys are ok. l know 3 of us with problems. lt is known to two dealers who say they issued this problem to Skoda UK. Front cloth seat base cusion edge is fraying. They will do nothing 'classed as abnormal wear'. Bloody right it is. Must admit the mkll seamed not to cut as many corners on quality in these areas.

So after 6 months a quality issue, mkll lasted 120000miles and no interior weae issues.

• Like 1

The look doesn't fill you with confidence to be honest as the high gloss nylon type material looks susceptible to pulls and marks but in reality they're holding out really well, even with a very messy and brash 5 year old, they still look like new. No concerns at all. There's also a fair amount of 'leather' so the extra for all leather seats is really just for the seat facings. For me, not having all leather was definitely the right move.

7700miles and have had a pull in rear seat since 2 weeks old and drivers seat fake leather is peeling off of the bolster both are to be replaced under warranty when it goes in for service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8600 miles for me and looks fine. The dog hair do get on it though..... Highly annoying lol

Best not to let it borrow the car then!

• Like 1

Best not to let it borrow the car then!

The hell hounds are very naughty and steal the car when I'm not looking. I only know cos they can't manage to reverse park so always leave it parked forward. Well that and the addition of the fur everywhere.

• 2 months later...

I tried to pre-empt kids/dog issues with a fabric protector but dog puke defeated that....saved by this chemical guys fabric cleaner so shameless plug......fabric seats now absolutely as new

uguzaze5.jpg

7700miles and have had a pull in rear seat since 2 weeks old and drivers seat fake leather is peeling off of the bolster both are to be replaced under warranty when it goes in for its service

Car went for service at the start of the month skoda wont repair the seat under warranty:

FB465C1E-6B30-4151-9F3D-C63B2E0DA569.jpg

I was told back in january that the seat would be changed but have turned around and said not now without letting me know, 6 months later.

I was told back in january that the seat would be changed but have turned around and said not now without letting me know, 6 months later.

Did you get anything in writing?

Car went for service at the start of the month skoda wont repair the seat under warranty:

FB465C1E-6B30-4151-9F3D-C63B2E0DA569.jpg

My drivers seat is the same, i'll probably wait til it get worse then have it repaired.

I tried to pre-empt kids/dog issues with a fabric protector but dog puke defeated that....saved by this chemical guys fabric cleaner so shameless plug......fabric seats now absolutely as new

That Chemical Guys cleaner has also worked wonders on the Seats of my Leon. If you have issues with Stains, its really good.

My drivers seat is the same, i'll probably wait til it get worse then have it repaired.

Im currently in contact with the Executive Office at customer care, very helpful gentleman, he said he will try his best to get a positive outcome and get this repaired.

• Like 2

Im currently in contact with the Executive Office at customer care, very helpful gentleman, he said he will try his best to get a positive outcome and get this repaired.

balls :( Ive just noticed today my side bolster is the same

• Like 1

balls :( Ive just noticed today my side bolster is the same

Ill make Dan (skoda customer care executive office) who I'm dealing with aware that I know of 2 other cars with exact same issue. It will back up my case and hopefully if you try get it done through warranty show that there is a fault and they can change others under warranty.

• Like 1

I think the fabric looks a bit 'low rent' because of the shine on it, makes it appear thin, but in reality, I don't think it is at all. The fabric should have had more of a matt less reflective sheen on it.. in my opinion.

Just got my VRS on Monday and the seat fabric is matt, no cheap suit sheen on these

:)