PID and speed limits.

staib

Am loving our new Citigo Elegance and was experimenting with the PID/Garmin's speed limit alert...

I had already hooked up my S4 to play music (via bluetooth) but was surprised to hear the music volume lower amd this mysterious voice say 'Relaax' as I inadvertently went above the limit.

Made me smile. And slow down.

Nick (Citigo owner at last)

our says either "Beware" or "Beware watch your speed"

Ours does the same. I think what it says is related to how much over the speed limit you are ?

Mine says 'Beware' if you go over the limit and 'Beware, watch your speed' if there's a camera around.  Never heard it say 'Relax!'

The one that drives me mad is 'Curve ahead' when there is a perfectly average bend in the road approaching - bizarre! :think:

The original 'Relaax' messages came through after I tested the alarm to go off at more than 10mph over the speed limit...

If you then also set the alarm for upcoming speed cameras, then (logically) that 10mph threshold is ignored and you get the less laid back warnings mentioned above.

At least I think that's what's going on... :)

I found an option where I can have alerts at 5,10,15mph over an urban limnit or all limits, but it just puts a yellow triangle over the speed sign top left.

No talking. I might have had voice off though, so need to try again...