Rapid Phone Bing Bongs

Hi all,

After two Fabias I now have a Spaceback. Very pleased apart from one thing..

The dealer 'paired' my phone and ever since I get an infuriating loud Bing Bong after turning on the engine. This appears to be the car doing an electronic 'handshake' with my phone.

I've not yet found anything in the manual to tell me how to turn off this feature, or to reduce the volume. Am I stuck with it, as with the frost warning, or does anyone know if there a way to kill it.

I realise that I can avoid it by not having the phone switched on....

Pat

VCDS is required to do this....

I especially love the way it cuts out the radio for a good 5 seconds....

Sent using my right thumb

Mine does it ... I've gotten used to it now, but it can be pretty annoying when it cuts the radio off for so long. I'd find the feature *way* more useful if it made that noise if a paired phone is not available, as it would me know pretty quickly that I've left my phone on the desk in work again instead of finding out when I get home :D

Mine does it ... I've gotten used to it now, but it can be pretty annoying when it cuts the radio off for so long. I'd find the feature *way* more useful if it made that noise if a paired phone is not available, as it would me know pretty quickly that I've left my phone on the desk in work again instead of finding out when I get home :D

Do you have Maxidot Thecko?

Mine tells me "no Bluetooth connection to phone" if it's not there.

Yes as previously said VCDS will silence the bong and the radio will also not mute when it connects.

No need VCDS just switch radio swing on, then hold opossite button for several seconds and on display shows hidden menu SETUP. There you can switch off bing bong and no more 5 seconds muted radio. Tested on mine and WORKS :)

Found that on https://www.drive2.ru/b/1067735/

Br

• Like 1

No need VCDS just switch radio swing on, then hold opossite button for several seconds and on display shows hidden menu SETUP. There you can switch off bing bong and no more 5 seconds muted radio. Tested on mine and WORKS :)

Br

I love you

Br

Exactly what steps are you taking?

I set beep to off and didn't work....

Exactly what steps are you taking?

I set beep to off and didn't work....

I set Phone OFF :)

BR

Edited by EasySLO

Wouldnt that stop your phone actually connecting?

No. Working here. Why don't you try u have nothing to loose or broke :)

BR

No. Working here. Why don't you try u have nothing to loose or broke :)

BR

Yes tried in the morning again and phone does not connect :( Sorry my bad

BR

• 7 months later...