Octavia MK3 recall

Just been called by my dealer who tells me a recall has been issued for my car (vRS TDi DSG). It's apparently to do with 'unresponsive throttle'.

I wonder if this is connected with the problems in Eco mode etc?

It's a software update and done while you wait.

that may be my fault :)  I had it put on mine last week as a test case and it fixed the ECO mode not re-engaging properly after coasting.  Ive been testing since last week and its not failed once whereas before I could make it fail 80-90% of the time. 

It was in the ECU by the way and not the dsg box.

:)

• Like 3

I'm having the same problem, first the dealer told me it was the Mode switch then as I booked it in they tell me it's a software update. It's in the garage on Wednesday. Time will tell.

does this mean, that a software upgrade solved this problem? Is it know widely to the services? I asked the service about this problem 1.5 weeks ago, but they didnt knew anything....

I only confirmed it had fixed mine this week so it wouldn't gave been known 1.5 weeks ago. I expect it will take a few weeks to filter through to the dealerships. Dodgy only heard so quickly as he has the same dealer as me

• Like 1

My car is in tomorrow to replace the headlight controller and Skoda UK phoned to see if I was happy with my car.  I asked about the recall and the knew nothing about it but said they would find out.  Half an hour later they confirmed there was a recall that went live yesterday (30 April).  Mine is beeing done tomorrow at the same time.

Bit pointless I guess as I never even tried Eco mode!!

Popped into my dealer today as I have had the same problem with 'Eco' occasionally, and the first question they asked me was 'its a vRS, so why are you using Eco'!!!

So I asked them to run my car through the computer for this update, so they did, and its there, so its booked in for Wednesday morning to be done, so hopefully this will resolve the problem and yes its listed as a Throttle Response Update, so once I explained that its to do with the coasting function not engaging the gear again they said this should do it, if not they will investigate further.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was fixed as well.

It took 1,5 hours for new software to be uploaded.

It went everything well.

Problem has disappeared.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now I don't pick mine up till Friday, do you think they will have already applied this or will it of been done at the factory?

Depends on when it got built.  If its been sitting at the docks for a month then possibly not but the PDI at the dealer should (i think) include updating to the latest software.

Eco mode is the work of the devil. It makes for a horrid driving experience as the DSG clutch reengages with the accelerator. I do think that the early shift points have some (eco) benefit, but would happily get rid of the coasting mode...

Eco mode is the work of the devil. It makes for a horrid driving experience as the DSG clutch reengages with the accelerator. I do think that the early shift points have some (eco) benefit, but would happily get rid of the coasting mode...

Horses for courses, the Eco Mode works well on the petrol engines but, not so well for the agricultural vehicles. 

I even got 42.7 mpg in Eco on CC set to speed limits over 23 miles, needless to say, it wasn't any FUN though.  The only thing keeping me awake was actually watching the main beam assist to check it was dipping when I would have done, it works well.

eco mode now works fine on mine and I can hardly notice the re-engage when it kicks in? Maybe your dsg is broke?

eco mode now works fine on mine and I can hardly notice the re-engage when it kicks in? Maybe your dsg is broke?

I bet my DSG works the same as any other, but you may be happy with "hardly noticing", I find noticing at all annoying particularly in the speed up, slow down, speed up traffic of the M27 :-)

Horses for courses, the Eco Mode works well on the petrol engines but, not so well for the agricultural vehicles. 

I even got 42.7 mpg in Eco on CC set to speed limits over 23 miles, needless to say, it wasn't any FUN though.  The only thing keeping me awake was actually watching the main beam assist to check it was dipping when I would have done, it works well.

My agricultural vehicle achieved 54 mpg in eco on the occasions I've reminded myself of its existence, this was without using the CC and at "appropriate" motorway speeds. I have noticed when using eco and CC, that the coasting mode is never used on my journeys.

For reference, my MkV Golf GTi DSG would have achieved 29 mpg on the same journeys at the same "appropriate" motorway speeds.