Being Goaded by Police.

dave190

Just to let you guys know a pal of mine was recently followed by a white audi a3, which sat inches from his rear bumper and persisted to slow down and then rapidly accelerate up behind him to sit on his arse, the a3 driver did this several times, attempting to encourage a race of some sort.

my pal was then overtook only to realise it was a traffic police officer in an unmarked car.

this was on roads in north east derby.

keep your eyes peeled.

• Like 1

That once happened to me, early summer morning up near Penrith on the Motorway. It was dead quiet, about 6.30 am and a perfect morning and dead quiet. I was doing about 100.......a Rover kept on accelerating up to get very close to me and then dropping back.......I thought he wanted a race, I wasn't playing......on the fifth occasion he came straight past me and then popped the lights on!! Bugger

He told me that he didn't want a race, said he was trying to warn me.

I got a two week ban

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

Same happened to me about 4 years ago on the A45 coming out of Coventry. I was minding my own business until a 3 series BMW came what I would class as dangerously close to my back bumper. I pulled away, he kept the same distance ... I pulled into the inside lane, he pulled in. I thought it he was a typical BMW driver so put my foot down.... Got pulled over by him 2 mins later and given 3 points.

Yet he completely ignored the BMW 630d which went flying down the outside lane at 90mph+!!!

Coppers have been done this for over 17 years, that's when I got a warning after standing on the brakes just as he was accelerating close to me, as we came to a 30 zone from a 60 lol

• 1 month later...

My mates Dad got done by this very same method many years ago, (He was driving a Cortina Mk2 1600E :-)).  Got clocked doing 108mph trying to loose them, then breathalised and banned as he was also over the booze limit(that last bit served him right to be honest, shouldn't drink and drive!)

Edited by jacko2111

• 5 months later...

Happened to me couple of years back but I didn't take the bait. Looney in a Beemer came hurtling up behind me, I was in my Audi at the time gave him a blast of screen wash as pulled in to the inside lane he followed so I slowed down to 60 odd mph another long blast of screen wash, then rep mobile man hurtled past in the outside lane easily doing 90mph low and behold the Beemer that was behind me charged off after the rep in his Insignia, and who was in the Beemer Mr and Mrs Rozzer. Things like this that make the public generally unappreciative of the police.

I was in my Audi at the time gave him a blast of screen wash as pulled in to the inside lane he followed so I slowed down to 60 odd mph another long blast of screen wash

I thought I'd just come across a scene from a Monty Python sketch! ;)