Umm.... I had a likkle accident....

Stanley Skoda is in the car hospital after being violated in the rear end!

Market Value of £11k, nearly £6k to put right :wonder:

Gutted, but all will be well (I hope!).

Untitled.jpg

Yeah, I thought it was a bit mad repairing it rather than writing it off, but I suppose I'm better off money-wise if they repair it.

I was fine really, the lady who went into the back of us was a bit worse for wear.

Unfortunately for me, I've been given a new Corsa as a courtesy car and it's a vile little car (not being ungrateful though!). I hate everything about it, but needs must.

That report also said that the car wasn't in a roadworthy state, yet I'd been driving it about for 3 weeks before they even took a look at it.

Glad you ok that must have been a big impact. 

Must have been very close to a write off. normally 60% of market value on most comprehensive policies will replace the vehicle with a brand new one if it is under 1 year old. I would get on to your insurers and check if you would be entitled to a brand new car (provided it is under a year old) if it is written off and push for that outcome myself. 

........as in Pi$$ed

Haha no, at least I don't think so. Police came and breathalysed us but I had a bit of a skinful the night before and started to brick it a bit, but luckily it read nil.

Glad you ok that must have been a big impact. 

Must have been very close to a write off. normally 60% of market value on most comprehensive policies will replace the vehicle with a brand new one if it is under 1 year old. I would get on to your insurers and check if you would be entitled to a brand new car (provided it is under a year old) if it is written off and push for that outcome myself. 

Yeah I'm all well and good really cheers. Hmm, as far as I'm aware they've committed to repairing it, but I'll be scrutinising it as I don't think I'd like to be shunted again if the back end isn't up to taking the force. Also, I quite fancy a 1.4 TSI, but beggars can't be choosers :happy:

Well so long as its repaired to a good standard :). At least the Corsa will make you glad when you get yours back. 

Stanley Skoda is in the car hospital after being violated in the rear end!

Market Value of £11k, nearly £6k to put right :wonder:

Gutted, but all will be well (I hope!).

Untitled.jpg

Re-sell value could be effected when the time comes, so keep all the paper-work, receipts and work carried-out etc..

• 4 months later...

Well so long as its repaired to a good standard :). At least the Corsa will make you glad when you get yours back. 

Wish we got a something like a corsa as a loan car when the Yeti was written off. We are running around in a new Passat estate while the spaceback is on order and love it. Hope we're not too disappointed when the Spaceback arrives as I think we've been a bit spoilt with a 2.0 TDI DSG. Just couldn't afford a Passat to replace the Yeti.

M first Fabia was badly  hurt in an accident ,when it came back from the bodyshop you couldn't tell at all. They did a great job paint matched flawlessly I kept it two years more and then chopped it for a mk2 Fabia , the salesman wanted it for his Daughter the car looked so good ! 

Wasn't so keen on the mk2 ,don't know why really, I sure like the Rapid though.