Skoda Superb L&K Combi - recommended extra options

Hi,

I have just ordered the Skoda Superb L&K Combi (2014) with the following extra options:

Panoramic Roof

Electronic Boot 553 PK6

Rear Assist Drowsiness 52 PKH

Midi Interface 172 UF6

Hill Hold 102 PAR

Variable Boot Floor 256 PK5

Sun Visor (dual/split)

Is there any recommended extra option?

Rear side airbags (because if you can afford all of the above, was my reason), heated front windscreen and nozzles plus KESSY if it is not standard. I have them.

Very nice choice! What colours did you spec? They are all good options, the roof is expensive enough but looks fantastic, I don't have a combi but I've been in some with it fitted and makes a huge difference.

Just to aware with the sun visors. They are very effective but (at least on mine anyway) there is no light over the vanity mirror that is normally standard as the second visor covers the area where the light is normally positioned. Doesn't bother me but some might prefer the light.

Not a whole lot to add to that list given that it is an L&K! Maybe heated rear seats if they are not already standard.

KESSY - well opinions vary on this, most like it and I think it works fairly ok but I wouldn't spend extra if it wasn't standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget about the MDI as it doesn't really offer anything too beneficial over an SD card.

What's the Rear Assist Drowsiness?

I think Onslimited is referring to Driver drowsiness alert. It's not a very expensive option and monitors your driving style (mainly useful for motorway driving) and prompts when you need to take a break. I have it on mine and it does work but at the end of the day common sense needs to prevail as well and we can't rely too much on driver aids. Useful to have though

Thank you all... I ordered the magnetic brown .. with Brown leather interior. To be honest, I think the choice of interior colours are a bit limited. The L&K models ony offer 2 choices.

Anyway .. from the above. The car has kessy as standard. I will consider the rear side air bags and the heated nozels and heated windscreen, but I not sure about these options.

I have to wait about 11 weeks for the car.

Thanks again for your comments...

:)

Thanks john999boy !!! :)

I know the same thing can be achieved cheaper!! :) but think it would be handy to have the usb socket built in..

Anyone know if skoda are expecting many L&K models to be shipped in ireland this year?

I only realised now you are based in Ireland! Up to pre FL models the L&K was only special order and only 40 models were imported, basically each dealer got one model. They are obviously listed on normal price list now but numbers will still be low. Only approx 20% of models in Ireland will be the 170 variant and most of those will be elegance. The L&K will be rare enough here. Each dealer might sell one or two a year. I think I was the first to order from my dealer and he doesn't expect to sell many.

Love the colour, I have magnetic brown also but with ivory and wood effect inserts. One option we get in Ireland is a choice between bi-colour and all silver wheels.

Another reason for the lack of models here is the price. A full spec l&k with DSG and a few extras is well over €40k. A lot will sacrifice the huge spec and go for a bottom end 520d (the whole country seems to be driving them) or an A6 for a couple of grand more. There is such a huge obsession with badges (especially since our Celtic tiger days!) and most will acknowledge the fact that a Superb is great value for money but then won't bring themselves to buy one. At least that's the reaction I get from a few people!

Thank you all... I ordered the magnetic brown .. with Brown leather interior. To be honest, I think the choice of interior colours are a bit limited. The L&K models ony offer 2 choices.

Anyway .. from the above. The car has kessy as standard. I will consider the rear side air bags and the heated nozels and heated windscreen, but I not sure about these options.

I have to wait about 11 weeks for the car.

Thanks again for your comments...

:)

Heated nozels are standard on the L&K. Heated screen would be handy ok. Good luck with the car. What part of Ireland are you in. L&K!s are not very common here,having said that a guy down the road just got o combi one.

Thanks john999boy !!! :)

I know the same thing can be achieved cheaper!! :) but think it would be handy to have the usb socket built in..

Anyone know if skoda are expecting many L&K models to be shipped in ireland this year?

I was told no when I was ordering mine which was strange as it is standard on the Octavia.

Hey guys.

John999boy. I agree with you re 520 and A6. I too initially was looking at these..but was convinced to look at skoda by my mechanic. My Superb Combi L&K here has a list price in excess of 44k I think. (The most money I have ever spent on a chariot).

I told a few guys that I ordered a new car and started to list the options. A look of excitement come on their faces. Then they ask me the cost and make.. when I tell them "Skoda" you can see the disappointment in their faces and "an are you mad" !!! But I have heard nothing but good thinks and I hope I making the right decision.

I use the car for work and on occasion there maybe a few boxes in the back and with a constant in and out of the car, I could see the ivory interior getting a bit worse for wear.

I have noted that there will be a new look for late 2015 that looks impressive!!!

I am in the County Clare.

You won't be disappointed and remember the other premium brands are not without their faults either and you would walk out of a Audi/BMW garage with a nice bill even after minor work whereas you'd have some change with a Skoda :happy: .  If you ticked that many options on an Audi you'd be looking at around €60K for an equivalent spec!  Just be careful of the 18" wheels on those Clare roads !!

Hey. LOL... our roads are not too bad (ish) . But yes I take your point... (as well as looking good the 18" wheels are a reference for Innuendo and a joke).

I have to say I am looking forward to getting the car... the wait though is a bit ****ty.

None of us can boast about good roads here, some of the roads are not much better down here either. Irish roads in general were not built for 18s but they do look good even if they take ages to clean!

The wait is a bit of a pain but worth it :happy: .  Is it the Laguna you are trading up from?

Yep. Currently I have a 08 1.5 diesel prestige laguna. I have to say a great car!!! I have already sold this privately and the new owner is waiting until I take delivery of the new car. He has a 01 golf diesel and I also taking that off of him and giving it to a family member. ... when I was doing the deal for the new car I contacted 5 garages and haggled with the cost. I found that they were only giving me 2.5k for my laguna... now seriously .... I got 5.5K And a 01 golf diesel privately. ..

Dont think one can ever do well "trading" in

That was a joke but unfortunately Renaults haven't the best residuals, Skodas are surprisingly good but you'll still lose a huge chunk in the first three years from new. You did well with that private deal. You were obviously lucky with the Laguna and avoided those dreaded electrical issues that they are famous for!

I think it will be well into 2016 before we see that here. What I have seen looks really good but final design doesn't appear to have been finalised. I'd certainly buy one again but if Skoda hike the prices too much, those slightly used A6s might be more tempting.

• Like 1