Skoda Superb L&K Combi - recommended extra options

The tow bar WILL interfere with the sensors,the detatchable one obviously will not. I had mine fitted by a Skoda dealer (detatchable) for either €450 or €550,I will check early tomorrow and let you know. Tell them to fook off with €750. Laharts in KK tried to charge me €1400 in 2009.

My detachable one is permanently attached :giggle:  theses days and does not interfere with the parking sensors. Some day I'm going to upgrade the wiring but have not got around to it yet.

Interesting that there appears to be different specs between the UK and Ireland. I have just ordered a 140 Manual Superb Combi L&K as a company car and panoramic sunroof and heated seats are all standard fit. The only extras I have added are black pearlescent paint, heated washer nozzles and sunblinds. Literally the only other extras I could have added were KESSY and the extending boot floor which I wasn't interested in.

received this reply today:

"Service Plan is availbale upto 3 years or 45,000km whichever arrives first. €10.99 Monthly or one payment of €395."

(Figures in Euro)

Jeepers they threw the 3 year service plan and road tax for one year for me. €400 not a bad price though.

My detachable one is permanently attached :giggle:  theses days and does not interfere with the parking sensors. Some day I'm going to upgrade the wiring but have not got around to it yet.

That's why it's called Detatchable.........dooh:)

Mine sometimes interferes and Always does when the ball cover is on it..

It's the only ball cover I have that's any use..:)

Jeepers they threw the 3 year service plan and road tax for one year for me. €400 not a bad price though.

That's why it's called Detatchable.........dooh:)

Must try it with the ball cover but my now permanently attached detachable towbar never interferes with the sensors

Mine sometimes interferes and Always does when the ball cover is on it..

It's the only ball cover I have that's any use..:)

Yeah I got the same as well but the 45,000kms will be more like one year for me!  Was that the service package Skoda Ireland were offering late last year or did you squeeze that one out of the dealer? 

Interesting that there appears to be different specs between the UK and Ireland. I have just ordered a 140 Manual Superb Combi L&K as a company car and panoramic sunroof and heated seats are all standard fit. The only extras I have added are black pearlescent paint, heated washer nozzles and sunblinds. Literally the only other extras I could have added were KESSY and the extending boot floor which I wasn't interested in.

Yes and in Ireland the L&k is only available in 170 variant. The panoramic roof is an expensive option over here. It's swings and roundabouts with the spec really and some of this is down to tax policies also and is the same across most other brands also. A fully loaded 170 L&K combi here would be >€45k! It's one of the reasons why importing cars from the UK is very popular here, though of course that is not without risks also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep around €250 here for the heated windscreen and over €1,500 for the panoramic roof on the estate with DAB/TV tuner over €1,300!  We also have to pay for ventilated seats (I wouldn't be bothered) but on the other hand park assist and KESSY are standard on the L&K.  In fact park assist is standard on the elegance models here as well.  Some of the smaller options like decorative inserts are no cost options too.  On balance however I think you're probably getting a better deal overall in the UK  :think:

Yeah I got the same as well but the 45,000kms will be more like one year for me!  Was that the service package Skoda Ireland were offering late last year or did you squeeze that one out of the dealer?

Got the deal off Skoda. Fat chance of getting that deal from a dealer.

Like you 45k wont be long coming around,almost 18 on it now.

I lived in Ireland for 3 years but I gad forgotten what a difference there was. The UK car has as standard spec heated secreens, heated seats front and rear, ventilated front seats, TV tuner, panoramic sunroof, park assist (parallel and bay parking), bi xenon AFS, darkened glass oh and the umbrella in the door.

Is it worth your while to import from the UK?

• Like 1

I lived in Ireland for 3 years but I gad forgotten what a difference there was. The UK car has as standard spec heated secreens, heated seats front and rear, ventilated front seats, TV tuner, panoramic sunroof, park assist (parallel and bay parking), bi xenon AFS, darkened glass oh and the umbrella in the door.

Is it worth your while to import from the UK?

We do get the xenons and front and rear heated seats, park assist and sunset glass. I have looked at importing before but now I don't think importing is worth it for a number of reasons, warranty, the high percentage of clocked examples around etc. people forget about the total costs involved, travel, collection etc and of course the exchange rate has to be right at the time!

Spec wise I'd live without the few options. There are a few guys on here that have imported and seem to be happy with it. Depends on how old a model you are looking for, I wanted something close to new or with very low mileage so it wouldn't make sense for me.

The vehicle registration tax system here is structured so that by the time you have re-registered there will be only. a few hundred at best in the price difference if the car is reasonably new or has low mileage.

Hi Lads.

6 weeks to go before I anticipate delivery. .... (although who's counting... LoL) ... Time is being spent still researching and looking at options and "what should I do...".

The last time I purchased a "NEW" car was a Mazda 6 in 2003. (bought my present car used , was 2 years old)

Every-so-often, I take it in my head to thoroughly clean the car (old tooth brushes etc lol) .

Your opinions on "detailing" a "NEW" car . eg claying / polishing / waxing ??

Not a detailer, by last new car had usual gtechniq G1 treatment on front and rear glass, g5 on sides and c2v3 all over including wheels. Gets a top up of 2:1 diluted c2v3 every other month and may do a neat c2v3 top up once a year if it needs it.

This keeps it incredibly clean, good gloss etc and makes it super easy to wash.

Reason for c2v3 is that it's so easy to apply and top up. For G1 I've found nothing better on windscreens. Also applying c2 on top of G1 has meant that it has lasted 3 years on previous two cars that I've applied to when new.

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that Steve

I found this http://www.optimumcarcare.nl/Optimum-Coatings/optimum-opti-coat

Looks GOOD :

:)

They are good, however, unless you are very competent in detailing you really need to get these type of coatings applied professionally. You need car prepped very well for these type of coatings and a covered dust free environment in which to apply.

A number of detailing companies will do a new car prep with these products, where they will clay, polish, then prep before applying window, car and wheel coatings for you. These coatings do deliver and will last 2-3 years or more.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just clocked 11,000 klm

Fantastic car !

:)

Congrats on the new car.

I took delivery of an L&K Estate (141 reg) in May and have clocked 13K. manual, metal grey metallic paint, brown leather, heated windscreen (had to be replaced due to a stone smashing it), xenon lights. Very happy with the car so far. No major issues so far. Intermittent issues with the boot door not closing (as if thought he latch doesn't catch always). At times it will close on the first effort but at times, I need to try it 5 times. Brought it in to dealer and a young guy in the service desk told me it would have to be booked in to be 'connected to computer which would show the mistake if any'. I told him the error was mechanical and the computer would unlikely id such a mistake. Anyway, car is due for first service very soon so will ask them to try to rectify. (has anyone had such issues)?

Two things I regretted not ordering are the sunroof and the electrically operated boot. I ordered the roll up sunscreens for the rear widows (250 Euro) only to realise that the rear windows were 65% tinted. I think the salesperson at a major dealership should have had the decency to warn me...

That aside, lovely car.

Congrats on the new car.

I took delivery of an L&K Estate (141 reg) in May and have clocked 13K. manual, metal grey metallic paint, brown leather, heated windscreen (had to be replaced due to a stone smashing it), xenon lights. Very happy with the car so far. No major issues so far. Intermittent issues with the boot door not closing (as if thought he latch doesn't catch always). At times it will close on the first effort but at times, I need to try it 5 times. Brought it in to dealer and a young guy in the service desk told me it would have to be booked in to be 'connected to computer which would show the mistake if any'. I told him the error was mechanical and the computer would unlikely id such a mistake. Anyway, car is due for first service very soon so will ask them to try to rectify. (has anyone had such issues)?

Two things I regretted not ordering are the sunroof and the electrically operated boot. I ordered the roll up sunscreens for the rear widows (250 Euro) only to realise that the rear windows were 65% tinted. I think the salesperson at a major dealership should have had the decency to warn me...

That aside, lovely car.

Mine the L&K Model with options:

2.0Ltr Diesel

Metalic Brown

Panoramic Roof

Electronic Boot 553 PK6

Rear Assist Drowsiness 52 PKH

Midi Interface 172 UF6

Hill Hold 102 PAR

Variable Boot Floor 256 PK5

Sun Visor (dual/split)

Apart from a faulty tire on the front that caused the car to pull to the left and the Main Dealer trying to fob me off, the car so  far is a pleasure.

I still get the odd comment "but its a Skoda" , my retort is that its luxury at its best and a thinking mans car.

the sound system in the L&K is only superb too :)

Mine the L&K Model with options:

2.0Ltr Diesel

Metalic Brown

Panoramic Roof

Electronic Boot 553 PK6

Rear Assist Drowsiness 52 PKH

Midi Interface 172 UF6

Hill Hold 102 PAR

Variable Boot Floor 256 PK5

Sun Visor (dual/split)

Apart from a faulty tire on the front that caused the car to pull to the left and the Main Dealer trying to fob me off, the car so  far is a pleasure.

I still get the odd comment "but its a Skoda" , my retort is that its luxury at its best and a thinking mans car.

the sound system in the L&K is only superb too :)

Nice one.

I actually get people coming up to me when filling up @ gas stations saying what a lovely car it is and admiring the colour. Bear in mind that none of these know me.

One odd thing I notice is that the hatch for the bonnet release is located  on the passenger side. Dont know if this is a mistake but, yes, that's where it is.

The colour is love it or hate it really. I get the same comments from people and then I get people telling me straight out that they hate the colour and preferred the Rosso I had previously.

Yes, it doesn't look right but the lever is on the passenger side on all Superbs (well RHD anyway). A bit odd I agree.

The colour is love it or hate it really. I get the same comments from people and then I get people telling me straight out that they hate the colour and preferred the Rosso I had previously.

Yes, it doesn't look right but the lever is on the passenger side on all Superbs (well RHD anyway). A bit odd I agree.

My Superb and Ibiza have the lever on the nearside... I think it may just be a cost saving as apart from a handful of countries most will be LHD...