Skoda Superb L&K Combi - recommended extra options

not withstanding pricing, I'm definitely in for the new Superb when it appears, 2016 times in well for packing our youngest off to school and freeing up some of that nursey cash I'm currently being bled for...

I use the car for work and on occasion there maybe a few boxes in the back and with a constant in and out of the car, I could see the ivory interior getting a bit worse for wear.

Light leather is no harder to keep clean then black, however black leather will hide any staining caused by damp denim... which of course ivory will not!

LoL. Maybe an age :)

The deal I didm I think I did well. I respectfully decline to reveal the actual deal until the car is in my driveway.. althoug the deal is don, but just in case. .. if ye are still interested then, I will of course spill

Of course il be still interested,sure I'm a nosey bollix....

I did ok with mine, round about 3---3.5k off full retail.

• Like 1

Good !!!! Will advise so !!!!!!

Just as a matter of interest.. the parking assist . Which I think is standard on L&K. Is it practical? ?

Skoda should refine their brochure and fix their website to show what exactly is standard and what are options... and clarify what the options actually consist of. The build your car section is crap and only gives an indication

• Like 1

Good !!!! Will advise so !!!!!!

Just as a matter of interest.. the parking assist . Which I think is standard on L&K. Is it practical? ?

Skoda should refine their brochure and fix their website to show what exactly is standard and what are options... and clarify what the options actually consist of. The build your car section is crap and only gives an indication

I agree about the website. I already complained to Skoda about it.

Park assist - I personally don't really use it and think its a bit of a gimmick. You'll use it once to show off and that's about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have the car since Jan and can honestly say I haven't used Park Assist once. Load of horse**** if you ask me. If you can't park it,reverse it then you shouldn't be driving it......

• Like 1

ok Lads

One more question: I think I have until Thursday of this week ish before I have definitely finalise the options: 

towbar : I was told by on garage that they thought a permanent one could interfere with parking sensors ... ??  ,,,, Another, told me they would not put it on or organise it... One gave me a cost of Euro 500.00 :

I was also given a price of Euro 750.00 for the Skoda detachable towbar

What ye think?

(Now, I don't have a trailer , it would be more of a "safety feature" :) )

The tow bar WILL interfere with the sensors,the detatchable one obviously will not. I had mine fitted by a Skoda dealer (detatchable) for either €450 or €550,I will check early tomorrow and let you know. Tell them to fook off with €750. Laharts in KK tried to charge me €1400 in 2009.

Btw if you do get a hitch fitted make sure to get the bar behind the bumper that they remove. You may never need it but if you do I will cost you hundreds,and they will prob sell you the one you "gave"them for free...

The bar is BEHIND the bumper,and must be.removed in order to fit the tow bar. If you decide to sell the car and keep the tow bar you will need to refit this bar in order to maintain the cars structural rigidity( fookin hell all them big words).

A 'safety feature', I love it!! I actually know a guy that put a tow bar on his car just because it was cheaper than rear parking sensors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ok Lads

One more question: I think I have until Thursday of this week ish before I have definitely finalise the options: 

towbar : I was told by on garage that they thought a permanent one could interfere with parking sensors ... ??  ,,,, Another, told me they would not put it on or organise it... One gave me a cost of Euro 500.00 :

I was also given a price of Euro 750.00 for the Skoda detachable towbar

What ye think?

The factory (and aftermarket using OEM parts) tow module adds 100mm clearance to the parking sensors when coded (i.e. it will start beeping 100mm sooner).  It does not interfere.  It also disables the rear sensor when a trailer is attached, disables the car-mounted rear fogs in favor of the trailer's fogs and adapts the stability control to introduce an anti-sway control to help prevent jack-knifes at speed.

IMHO the factory fitted ones integrate 'properly' with the vehicle electrics/programming.

It's annoying that the cost is usually more than an after market one but......

What a pity they can't get it to charge the caravan bat or power the fridge...driving me nuts at the min.

Thank you :)

Thank you :)

New detatchable hitch with13pin electrics cost me €550 from a skoda main dealer. I have paperwork to prove it. Tell them to go and jump with their €700.

just asked the dealer re extended warranty and service plan ..... we see what he comes back with.

he hasn't come back yet with a final price for the towbar

** Also enquiring if the car has an option to put a sim card in the dask to allow for in-car wifi

:)

Would be really interested to hear. I asked the dealer about the warranty and he said it could be added up until three days before they register the car but not after that. I was quoted £22/mth for 42 months on the servicing and maintenance but no idea if that is high or not.