Not really sure :/

Mentions a bit about generic and custom maps. Never heard of them though. It's difficult to tell the workmanship from the website but it seems a bit basic?

I'm having revo installed on mine in a couple of weeks. Well known and proven; don't think I'd trust many with an ECU, too much to go wrong. Stick with the proven companies:

1) revo

2) R-tech

3) Shark Performance

4) Jabba

5) AmD

6) MRC

7) APR

The list isn't in any order; just off the top of my head as I typed them up. They may be expensive compared to other less known companies; but I'd rather pay knowing good R&D has been invested to create a good quality product. I have learnt this lesson the hard way.

• Like 2

Best to use someone whose product is known to work, ie lots of satisfied customers. There will always be some detractors as no one is perfect but the list above is all you really want to consider if you want to minimise any risk.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

I used a guy about an hours up the m4 from you mate. Avon Tuning at Thornbury (well a tiny village by it) Have a look for them on facebook and you can talk to the guy who runs it. Very helpful, when I had mine done I wasnt 100% on it at first and he was willing to change the map for me if I wasn't totally happy

Thanks mate I have fired off an email to them. I am not exactly awash with cash at the moment so wanted to try and keep in the sub. £300 region but most of the big name remaps seem to be£400 plus. Cheers everyone for the advice

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk

Not really sure :/

Mentions a bit about generic and custom maps. Never heard of them though. It's difficult to tell the workmanship from the website but it seems a bit basic?

I'm having revo installed on mine in a couple of weeks. Well known and proven; don't think I'd trust many with an ECU, too much to go wrong. Stick with the proven companies:

1) revo

2) R-tech

3) Shark Performance

4) Jabba

5) AmD

6) MRC

7) APR

The list isn't in any order; just off the top of my head as I typed them up. They may be expensive compared to other less known companies; but I'd rather pay knowing good R&D has been invested to create a good quality product. I have learnt this lesson the hard way.

+1.

I've used AMD & been very impressed. Maybe you do get what you pay for?

DC

Lol typical forum style reply. Says not ovet £300 so suggest someone who will cost much more.......

He did ask "should he be alarmed?"

That's what most of the answers were referring to

(probably yes).

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

£300 or under for a map then risk needing a new turbo or clutch 6 months down the line.

Or go to Shark and get a SAFE map that works within the limits of your components while extracting maximum performance from your car.

Sometimes things are just worth paying that bit more for. I'm not saying this guy who is doing the map £300 sub won't be any good or will mess your engine up. But it is a risk and for an extra 150 ( yes it is a lot more ) but to for peace of mind it's worth while.

Do it properly, do it once!

Wish you all the best.

• Like 1

I paid almost half what shark etc charge for a dpf removal and remap.

Never had an issue and the after sales service is second to none.

Do your reasearch on the company first rather than look at the price and decide. They might be cheap to build up a client base/get the word out rather than being cheap because they are crap