Ordering D-Day approaches!

May 20th. That's the date, so finalising my decision is becoming critical if I'm not going to be stuck with the 'wrong car' for the next three years.

First the easy bit. Defo a Superb Estate, Elegance, 170 TDi DSG - Faffed about for a bit with thoughts of going for an Octavia Estate but a test drive plus looks and spec of the FL Superb sorted that out.

Options/choices will be:

Ivory Leather - I'm already in a 2011 Superb so want to change the feel from my current black interior

Upgraded Sound System

Boot floor with tracks and partition system

Wood 'effect' inserts - yeah I know they are fake but I like them and again, this helps change the feel of the inside

Now the bit I'm going in circles on is..... colour of course.

Those ruled up due to personal taste, or cleaning issues:

non-metallic colours

Silver

Black

Amethyst

Cappuccino

So I'm left with:

Jungle Green

Metal Grey

Moon White

Petrol Blue

Rosso Brunello

Would folks think me mad if I said I was favouring Jungle Green?  I spotted a Yeti in this colour, and while they are very different cars, this a really fab colour in the metal and not something that will be a common choice for the Superb.

I would recommend the hill hold control with a DSG as seen some saying they get roll back when they come off brake on hills without it.

Having seen one metal grey in flesh that is also a stunning colour.

I had Rosso before and I think it was the nicest colour I ever had (and I've had most Skoda colours!).  This is just my opinion but I think in a larger car you need to have a darker, deeper colour.  It just looks better and of course remember how a colour impacts resale, unless its a company car of course!  I had a green Octavia a few years ago and I thought it looked great at first but I soon tired of it as I felt it looked a bit odd.  I agree that the green would be distinctive though.  Metal grey look smart too.

I like your choice of interior and upgraded sound system is noticeable and a big improvement over the standard one.  I presume that is your option list sorted but remember if you start adding a lot of options to the elegance it might make sense to go for an L&K instead.

I am surprised a Superb can be ordered in Jungle green, yes that is what SWMBO chose for the Yet but I don’t think it would suit the Superb.

Rosso Brunello and ivory look great.... but only when clean, dirty Rosso looks very drab IMO, out of the colours you have left I would say Metal Grey.

If I could choose, Ivory interior + wood trim + Rosso Brunello...it just lifts the car to a whole new level I think!

I have Amethyst Purple, but then I do like to clean my car  :giggle: It wasn't my choice as my car was pre-owned, but when clean it looks amazing.

wwc521.jpg

egwc.jpg

Edited by Too Tall

Avoid black - looks great but it's a nightmare for looking dirty. Washed it at my pal's at the weekend (he has a snow foam lance) and the 4 mile drive home left the arches and sills looking muddy.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

Color is too personal to discuss it :)

I have never paid attention to it, usually have been choosing the one which is free of charge and for many years it is black :)

Talking about other options to consider:

- hill hold - do not have it, and never felt I need it (living in flat country though)

- 17 vs 18 wheels - depends on road quality. I've chosen 17'

- electric boot, Keyless entry - good to have, but not a must

- Sound System - if you like music - then it is a must

- auxiliary heater - depends on climate of the country :)

- additional rear airbags - safety first!

- MDI - if you are listening music from USB

- 3 spoke steering wheel - for me looks nicer than 4 spoke

Edited by LS108