Are thinking of upgrading to Monte Carlo?

saurabhdutt

Skoda has confirmed that they will start taking orders of the Monte Carlo from this Friday. So, how many of you are thinking of upgrading to the new MC?

Saurabh

I am considering it. I love my Elegance but I regret getting a white car and also not ordering the sound pack. Frivolous reasons for changing I know, but the heart wants what it wants! The Monte seems to have everything I would want except heated seats (and I will have to think long and hard about whether I'm willing to give them up!). If the silver is really a no cost option (as the brochure suggests), it would come in cheaper than a new Elegance with the spec I want.

I think I will have to wait to see one in the flesh first though, I have just emailed my dealer to see if they know when they will be getting one in.

I am also considering an Up as an alternative - I know it's more money for basically the same car, but I have always liked the look of them and I prefer the colour options - it would be either Mayan blue or tungsten silver. I do think Skoda could do with adding some more interesting colours.

I am considering it. I love my Elegance but I regret getting a white car and also not ordering the sound pack. Frivolous reasons for changing I know, but the heart wants what it wants! The Monte seems to have everything I would want except heated seats (and I will have to think long and hard about whether I'm willing to give them up!). If the silver is really a no cost option (as the brochure suggests), it would come in cheaper than a new Elegance with the spec I want.

I think I will have to wait to see one in the flesh first though, I have just emailed my dealer to see if they know when they will be getting one in.

I am also considering an Up as an alternative - I know it's more money for basically the same car, but I have always liked the look of them and I prefer the colour options - it would be either Mayan blue or tungsten silver. I do think Skoda could do with adding some more interesting colours.

I completely understand what you mean. I would have done exactly the same. I think Citigos don't do justice in bland colours. It really looks good in spot and now MC. I like the interior of the new MC and the glossy black dash and spoilers. Sound pack is a big improvement over Elegance too.

I liked VW UP's looks until I saw Citigo Sport and believe me I did test drive the UP and did not feel any difference at all. So decided to save few hundred £s. But yes UP does come in some good colours and especially the full black glass rear door.

All the best mate.

Thank you! Can I ask, how do you find the ride quality in the sport? I presume the MC will have the same set up, and my only concern is whether the ride will feel a bit harsh compared to my Elegance.

Thank you! Can I ask, how do you find the ride quality in the sport? I presume the MC will have the same set up, and my only concern is whether the ride will feel a bit harsh compared to my Elegance.

I have done 7400 in 3 months. Been to Isle of Skye, Scotland and Highland on my Sport and there was no issue what so ever with the comfort. I too have mark III Octy however I prefer taking my sport as its so much fun to drive and so very economical. Go for it and you wouldn't regret. I love white cars however with all due respect I just didn't like it on Citigo.

Go for the silver if its free or the Red.

Keep us posted.

I do like the interior on the Monte but not so much the exterior. I also dont like the price hike. Also with no 0% offer and no free servicing it would probably cost a lot to change so its a no from me too.

As for Silver I'm not sure i think it suits the citigo. I think the best colours are the 3 colours on the sport. Although i cant see why Skoda cant offer any of the colours VW offer... 

• Like 1

I have done 7400 in 3 months. Been to Isle of Skye, Scotland and Highland on my Sport and there was no issue what so ever with the comfort. I too have mark III Octy however I prefer taking my sport as its so much fun to drive and so very economical. Go for it and you wouldn't regret. I love white cars however with all due respect I just didn't like it on Citigo.

Go for the silver if its free or the Red.

Keep us posted.

Ah that's really good to know, thank you.

I do like the interior on the Monte but not so much the exterior. I also dont like the price hike. Also with no 0% offer and no free servicing it would probably cost a lot to change so its a no from me too.

As for Silver I'm not sure i think it suits the citigo. I think the best colours are the 3 colours on the sport. Although i cant see why Skoda cant offer any of the colours VW offer... 

I know what you mean, I'm hoping they might bring back the 0% offer in the near future.

I also know where you're coming from on the colour. But I don't want white as it just never looks clean, black is also hard to keep looking good, and I think the red is just a bit full on for me in the MC/Sport. So that only leaves silver! I will need to see some pics of it in that colour before I take the plunge though.

I won't be changing to one as there is no point from a Sport. I will be making certain changes to mine that will be from one though :)

Sent from my PID using Tapatalk

+1 on that. I think there is no point in Sport owners going for a change as its not that different.

What changes are you thinking of making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think there is no point in Sport owners going for a change as its not that different.

I thought it was just me who thought that

• Like 2

Realistically I think most of us do. The exterior isn't as nice as the sport IMHO and with the price increase, no 0% etc. It's not a very good deal. No doubt come the summer there will be another 0% or vat free deal to entice people but I'd only really look to change if they bring out a version with the up gt engine in it.

• Like 1

Seems like the Monte is still based on the SE as well - no electric mirrors or heated seats according to the book. Definitely keeping my Sport.

What changes are you thinking of making?

I'm thinking of the Gloss Black grille insert and Black door mirrors only. I just want to break up a little more of the Red colour without going OTT.

I'm thinking of the Gloss Black grille insert and Black door mirrors only. I just want to break up a little more of the Red colour without going OTT.

I would love to have a black grill and black wing mirrors. I am not too sure about the black roof even though MC doesn't have black roof.

May be the steering wheel.

No I won't be doing that. I want them the correct Black Pearl colour to match the grille.

So its going to be a proper paint?

Am thinking of upgrading to a Rapid Monte eventually, but only if they offer the Eibach springs as a factory option. Rides far too high as standard, the arches look daft.

+1 om that. I did try Rapid and wasn't impressed with the driving position. I am not sure if they are making any changes with the suspension in MC. I might be wrong though.

The cheasp dash in the rapid puts me off. Its not a cheap car so there's no excuse, unless thsyts the way Skoda is heading. I guess the fabia iii will give us a clue there. If they ditch the soft touch dash then Skoda is gonna become vags budget brand, without the budget prices :(

I am looking forward to seeing the Fabia III which looks like the Rapid space back. Skoda is going to launch Citigo SUV this year too.

Oh if they do the Fabia space back then I may get rid of my Ocky ii. But will need to have a decent engine and lights