Octavia MK1 - Door Lock Failed & Deadlocked!

My driver door lock has finally given up and doesn't open or close from the outside on the key (remote hasn't worked for a couple of years:doh:) Case of reaching through the car now to lock and unlock to use it. Just ordered a set of T Star drivers to have another strip down. Am I right in saying 3B1837016 is the part number I'd be looking for, late Mk1 1U2?

9 hours ago, Aveleydave said:

My driver door lock has finally given up and doesn't open or close from the outside on the key (remote hasn't worked for a couple of years:doh:) Case of reaching through the car now to lock and unlock to use it. Just ordered a set of T Star drivers to have another strip down. Am I right in saying 3B1837016 is the part number I'd be looking for, late Mk1 1U2?

RHD car?

If so it looks to me like the last listed item 1 here https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2005-252/8/837-837000/

3B2837016T

Are you sure it's not just the lock barrel needing refurb? Various youtube vids and kits of bits available.

Edited by Wino

13 hours ago, Wino said:

RHD car?

If so it looks to me like the last listed item 1 here https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2005-252/8/837-837000/

3B2837016T

Are you sure it's not just the lock barrel needing refurb? Various youtube vids and kits of bits available.

Thanks for your input wino. I've ordered the kit from eBay so as to be ready and fix the barrel (fingers crossed it's that) and some T Star T-bar tools.

I read the first part of this thread last November, as my passenger door wouldn't open either, the day before my MOT.  I used ceramic chain lube to spray on the thing after I had dremmeled it open and unlocked it.  I have not had the problem since, so many thanks for a useful article.

Well, as usual, fate throws a curve ball! Lock removed from the door and, unlike all the bits I've seen online, mine has some sort of extended shield and I don't have access to the clip that holds it all together. Anyone repaired this style of barrel?

IMG_20201010_093211_5.thumb.jpg.775b949f9efe87f359d4a26f4ca31d8e.jpg

IMG_20201010_093211_5.jpg

Found another video, my Mk1 is a late build and appears to be a cross over in some areas. Lock setup is from Mk2! Now I'm getting the impression they're not repairable.:@

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Is this the correct loch mechanism (driver side, rear) for a Mk1 Vrs estate?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-Lock-Actuator-Rear-Right-Fits-VW-Golf-Beetle-Passat-Seat-Leon-Skoda-Octavia/172296562660?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I ask because the electrical connector profiles look slightly different....here are the wiring blocks on my door....and the old lock     

skoda2.JPG

skoda3.JPG

skoda4.JPG