Boot Lip Protection

im having the 3M paint protection fitted to the front of mine and ive asked them to fit a piece to the rear bumper as well to protect the flat part of the rear bumper, apparently they have a template for it at 3M so you could get one from them if you don't want it to stand out.

im having the 3M paint protection fitted to the front of mine and ive asked them to fit a piece to the rear bumper as well to protect the flat part of the rear bumper, apparently they have a template for it at 3M so you could get one from them if you don't want it to stand out.

My worry with the film type protectors was that a tool box would damage the film through to the paint, so am pleased with the rearguards one, especially as it has the little drop over the edge of the bumper to protect against me not lifting a box high enough.

Edited by Miz

Just fitted a black rearguards protector to mine,

Before

image-M.jpg

After

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

Fits well, and feels like it will take the knocks from toolcases and dogs..

Where did you get it from, and how much $$$?

Where did you get it from, and how much $$$?

Are you the same GTR27 as on Whirlpool by any chance? :-)

They come from rearguards.co.uk. I also want one but when I enquired about delivery to Australia, it was £75! The guard itself was about £40 from memory. I think they're the best product out there and seeing the race blue like that (mine is race blue also), I am convinced. But I am not paying that much! I will wait till my parents come out perhaps and they can pop it on the plane ;-)

unless of course you're in Perth and we can split delivery. I have tried drumming up support with other octy owners here but we are a small club (just three of us on this site that I know of)

edit again: ah, brissy. nm!

Edited by treendale

My worry with the film type protectors was that a tool box would damage the film through to the paint, so am pleased with the rearguards one, especially as it has the little drop over the edge of the bumper to protect against me not lifting a box high enough.

Yeah probably would

So far I cant fault RGM at all. Been in contact with them regarding the colour choice as I cant make up my mind what colour to fit to my candy white bumper. They are sending me the colour swatches to help me.. They also said I could pop over to have it fitted if I wanted.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Edited by Keith64

Are you the same GTR27 as on Whirlpool by any chance? :-)

They come from rearguards.co.uk. I also want one but when I enquired about delivery to Australia, it was £75! The guard itself was about £40 from memory. I think they're the best product out there and seeing the race blue like that (mine is race blue also), I am convinced. But I am not paying that much! I will wait till my parents come out perhaps and they can pop it on the plane ;-)

unless of course you're in Perth and we can split delivery. I have tried drumming up support with other octy owners here but we are a small club (just three of us on this site that I know of)

edit again: ah, brissy. nm!

Yep! that's me. Pity our group of octavia owners isnt as big as this one! But here has lots of information while we sit back and wait for ours to come via rowboat to australia! Maybe they get caught by border patrol as illegals, hence the long hold up :)

I've got a bunch of stuff waiting to be ordered at superskoda, but waiting for confirmation of car arrival before I pull the trigger. $200! for shipping is pretty insane!

Comparing the skoda one to the www.rearguards.co.uk. I think the rearguard one offers the edge protection, which the skoda one doesn't, which seems a bit silly as that is probably the most vulnerable part!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I still can't decide what colour to have which would go with my silver car.

If you have black (dark grey) plastic trim - e.g. roof rails - the black rearguard should be exactly the same colour. I had a black rearguard on my Silver Octy vRS estate, and it matched the trim perfectly!

HTH

Dunc

I had a mate fit the OEM bumper strip on my Fabia vRS (had to be mastic'd on) and have to say it was excellent. Hid the vast majority of scratches the dog put on the bumper (despite our best efforts to prevent it)....dare I say it also did further the look of it from behind.

Just dont buy them from the web expecting them to be self fit unless you have the requisite skills as they are intended for dealer fit only. I fell fowol of that and its only that my mate is an excellent car mechanic/valeter and got all the VAG bonding agents and templates from TPS for trade price and did it cheap for me that it ended up being attached to the car.

I ordered the rearguards one from the web and it fits perfectly, requires no real skill!

Sorry I was being specific about the Skoda OEM ones. Some UK parts sites sell them and mention self fitting but they are all recommended to be dealer fitted. They dont sell you the specific bonding & cleanup agents and the templates with them either.

Hi all,

Something I thought about today was has anyone put any sort of protection on the boot lip of a MK3 VRS?

I mean the flat section of the rear bumper at the bottom of the boot lid. It would make a useful loading 'shelf' I guess, but obviously I don't want to damage the paint! I have found this on Super Skoda but wondered what you guys have done:

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-Combi-RS-original-Skoda-rear-bumper-protective-panel-GLOSSY-BLACK

I guess the other option is some form of clear sticky back plastic but to shape.

Thanks,

Matt

I've use 3M transparent film protection. Its barely visible.

I got the RGM bumper protector for the Ocy and, at the same time, got one for SWMBO's Polo plus the door guards - all VAT free plus £25 postage for the lot.

I'm well pleased and have asked RGM to let me know when the Octy door guards become available as they offer far better protection then the standard Skoda  ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted a black rearguards protector to mine,

Before

image-M.jpg

After

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

Fits well, and feels like it will take the knocks from toolcases and dogs..

Black protector looks perfect on blue race. I'm thinking of buying one for my Octy, but I wonder if black color of protector matches a black color of bumper bottom (with parking sensors)? Is the protector totally matt? Are you satisfied with it? Any problems with fitting.

The worst thing with the protector is a cost of sending to Poland - 20 pounds :/