Yay or nay?

If it was me I'd look for a cherished one in any of the other colours and 

save a grand or two. Still getting the same car at the end of the day. 

• Like 1

To give you some perspective my Silver 07 plate was abit over 6 grand, 2 years ago with 45,000 miles on the clock, dealers do seem to be taking the proverbial hiking up the prices of SE's now.. Specially when it come time to trade-in and they quote you the same value as any other vRS.. 

Do they have any history of the timing belt being done recently..? Potential bargaining chip if not.. 6750 plus £300 saved on a timing belt change is a bit more reasonable..

• Like 1

There are a few on ebay - eg 71k miles £5995 - history etc . My suggestion would be take your time and go see a few they always come up -

I got mine 2 years ago 66K full history for £5400 - patience !! 

I would say that is top dollar. There seem to be quite a few SE's on the market. I agree with waiting for the right one to come along, It took me well over 6 months to find the right car. I paid much less than the asking price for the one at the link for mine 18 months ago when it had less than 40K on the clock with FSH. Patience is key :)

Incredibly overpriced..  My 56 reg 90k miles with Seat Surgeons leather & Cruise cost me £3100.  I know, an absolute bargain (and could probably move it on for no less than what i've paid for the next 6 months)... however just because of the SE colour they arent worth more than double. Ridiculous!

Let me tell you.. its traders that create these daft margins, and they try and drag the private market with them by over inflation. Happened a few years ago on the E46 330d Sport model, I made nearly £1k after owning for 8 months. Prices had increased, I took the chance and made a killing. 6 months later it was worth £1k less.

It all comes tumbling down when reality kicks in... its a blue skoda with run-out bits and nice leather :hi:  They are lovely cars the last ones. £5k yes, £7k absolutely not.

If I was after an SE, i'd wait until they dropped in price. They arent worth what they're asking IMO.

Edited by fabialousvrs
  • Like 1

Yeah true but leather is a must for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

My 05 in Black Magic had after market 2 tone leather fitted when it was new somewhere down in Birmingham apparently.

Still looks absolutely ace

Its not dealers that determine price its the consumers (ie you and me). If buyers are prepared to pay a premium (which I did and was happy to do) then dealers/sellers set their prices accordingly.

I didnt buy my car as an investment but to enjoy it for what it was.

I would say go for it if that's what you want. 

I couldn't justify paying an extra 3+ grand for leather seats and blue paint personally 

Or for many of us, just blue paint :rofl: and my leather actually looks more purposeful / colour coded to the car than the tiny blue strip down the SE....

Plus everyone knows sprint yellow is more rare and goes faster :devil:

• Like 1

Mine was 20k more miles and 1.5k less. 7k is very over priced! But each to there own if they want an SE that badly, I waited 4 months for the right one to come along and it was in the price/milage/distance range. One will come along, just need to keep searching! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think it's a fair price tbh. If you could get it for £6500 would be a deal for me. It's not just about the paint colour, it's a special edition It's way more than just a colour. It's a small piece of history & with less than 1000 on the road now it will only get rarer.

• Like 1

You are in 07 plate BMW territory with that 7k. Sorry, it's just not worth it.

But you are right, people pay what they think it's worth. And values fluctuate. This sort of car would be around 4k at the block (auctions)