Skoda Octavia VRS buying advice

Hello all I'm just about to order an Octavia VRs estate. I'm going to go for the metal grey with the standard Gemini wheels. I'm thinking of the following extras and I would be interested in thoughts and recommendations. Are they all worth getting or not and am I missing something that I may want later. One thing I've not added is cruise control as I think it is standard on the VRS, I'm coming over from a 3 Series and as you know they hardly come with any extras !

1. KESSY keyless entry and start

2. Sunset glass from B pillar. How dark is it ?

3. Spare Wheel

4. Black Design Package. Would be interested to see what this looks like if anyone has any images?

5. Park distance control front and rear.

6. Multi Function Display.

Very interested in hearing what others ordered and whether it is worth it or not.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Just so you know, the MK3 vRS doesn't come with cruise control standard, unless they've changed that recently. I know there are more options now than when it was first released but double-check that bit. I'm not sure why they didn't make it standard as the MK2 did.

When I was looking to order, I was going for the following options:

Race blue metallic

Black desgin pack

Sunset glass from B pillar

Canton sound (if you love listening to music, I'd recommend this as I've listened to one without and the bass is lacking, though the treble was decent enough)

The car already has an MFD; I believe the MFD option is just to have it in colour but someone out there can correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I have had my VRS for 7 months on your spec I would give the following thoughts

- KESSY,I wouldn't waste your money, you won't get a realisation in a trade in later on. (Go for the new 19" wheels instead)

- Cruise is an option not standard

-Sunset glass not bad but no black out I would spec it in.

- Spare wheel YES,£213 if you buy it separate

- Black design,YES I have it on my race blue looks great

- Parking sensors only available on the rear unless its changed

- MFD not really worth it in my view

Other options to consider

- Rear boot matt from factory

- New 19" wheels ( very Alfa looking)

- Red stitch in the seats ( no cost)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have had my VRS for 7 months on your spec I would give the following thoughts

- KESSY,I wouldn't waste your money, you won't get a realisation in a trade in later on. (Go for the new 19" wheels instead)

- Cruise is an option not standard

-Sunset glass not bad but no black out I would spec it in.

- Spare wheel YES,£213 if you buy it separate

- Black design,YES I have it on my race blue looks great

- Parking sensors only available on the rear unless its changed

- MFD not really worth it in my view

Other options to consider

- Rear boot matt from factory

- New 19" wheels ( very Alfa looking)

- Red stitch in the seats ( no cost)

Agreed

I ended up getting a black one with the black design pack, Xtremes, red stitching and a few other extras like Amundsen sat nav. I got it ex-demo so I didn't get to choose the extras but I'm happy with what it did come with. I speced out mine the other day using the Skoda configurator and it works out I got mine for about £5K less than the current retail price with not too much miles on the clock.

The only option I wish it had come with but didn't is the Canton audio. Whilst the standard audio isn't bad, it's not exactly great either.

Thanks for the input guys... Order has been finalised now with the dealer and I've gone for..

Metal Grey Estate

Grey Stitching (although thinking I should've gone for red.. Might still change before it gets locked in!)

Canton

Black Design Pack

Sunset Glass

Amundsen

Heated Washer Nozzles

Spare Wheel

Simply Clever Boot Mat

The long wait begins...Been quoted 4 months but not holding my breath!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a new Oct vrs currently also, hence interested in this thread.

Hi,

Just so you know, the MK3 vRS doesn't come with cruise control standard, unless they've changed that recently.

I think this has changed, the brochure I have here (effective May 2014) has it as standard on vrs but the online brochure I've seen (effective April 2014) has it as an option! I've not run over the other differences but it also now offers front parking sensors as an option.

• Like 1

Been offered a cancelled order, exactly the spec I want and the trade in I've been offered for my current vRS is excellent, the only thing killing the deal at the moment is the interest rate on solutions - 7.2% - that is really bumping the repayments up, and I'm thinking I'll wait, anyone got any thoughts about when interest rates might become a bit more realistic?