Knocking noise from front wheels :(

When driving along im getting a knocking noise coming (i think) from the front right hand wheel.It doesnt go when im braking or steering but only seems ok on a flat piece of road i.e motorway.

Around the town where the roads and crap its more noticeable.It seemed alot louder today in the wet.

Has anyone got a clue what this could be.

Octavia Vrs 52 plate with 75 k on the clock

TiA

When driving along im getting a knocking noise coming (i think) from the front right hand wheel.It doesnt go when im braking or steering but only seems ok on a flat piece of road i.e motorway.

Around the town where the roads and crap its more noticeable.It seemed alot louder today in the wet.

Has anyone got a clue what this could be.

Octavia Vrs 52 plate with 75 k on the clock

TiA

Rubber Strut top mount bushes, they need replacing with the struts at around 50K, does it knock more after a long run when it is hot? quick fix short term, jack the car up then back down, seems to cure it for a couple of weeks.

Antiroll bar bushes and links are also common.

Mines doing it after 20k miles, changed the antiroll bar links but it hasn't cured the problem.

Cheers

Lee

It cured the squeek that I had before the knock started..

the knock is bushes related too.. according to my firendly local dealer...Something about not enough lubrication.

My front passenger side suspension let out its first creek today, and proceeded to do a few more afterwards, mainly slow speed speed-bumps causing it.

Good job the service countdown is at 700 miles to go now, normally problems happen just after the service:D

(2003 with 22K on the clock)