Fleegle, Specky's Yeti

Specky

Right then .......

1 month in and 950 milos ont clock !!!

Verdict...... LOVE IT !

Worst MPG i've had is 35 mpg and best is 40 mpg and thats Tank to Tank ...NOT computer !! Although comp is not too far out !

Performance...... 1.2..... cant complain ! It does a cracking job ! And i stepped out of a 3.2 DSG TT and a 1.8T TT. No comparison to either but Yeti holds its own for engine size !

Now its time to Name and Shame Dealer.....

Arrived to Pick car up and it wasn't ready !!! No plates on and a young lady frantically putting car mats in whilst its ****ing down wi rain....

IMG_0970_zpsdb82237d.jpg

Little man drilling plates on while i watched.......sorry no photo of that..

Then car was driven off........... apparently to get fuel !!!

Ok.... Car ready......  NOT.... dash still in foreign !! And found a scratch on "C" pillar ! 

More people out to sort .......

Ok, mr and mrs A.... yeti is ready...... NOT

Dash STILL in strange language !!

Technician back out again...... while we went back in and i asked how much for Mudflaps ? Only had fronts in and they gave them me as good will gesture.

Finally keys were handed to me tied together with electricians tie wrap in a bunch still with delivery tag on !! No key rings and also no pack with Screen wash, oil etc.....

Got Yeti home and day after weather was good and it showed all the bad bits i couldnt see ......

Transport film glue in numerous places....

DSC_0111_zpse0364d07.jpg

DSC_0107_zps2a597a2e.jpg

DSC_0106_zps072f4e11.jpg

DSC_0105_zps01f7c15d.jpg

Protective seat plastic was left in places ......

DSC_0110_zps9b70fca2.jpg

DSC_0109_zpsc671dc7e.jpg

DSC_0108_zps024cd053.jpg

Rear number plate fitted ont ****.......

DSC_0112_zps85ba7876.jpg

Cleaned and detailed it myself......

IMG_0972_zpsa739c48f.jpg

IMG_0975_zps7cdabb39.jpg

Am still waiting for Dealer to resolve.......

D M Kieth's, Leeds. 

The rear plate looks like it's on the rear.

Did you order Origami alloys or are they standard fit.

What are the ramps for and why. They only look a few inches.

Edited by DonjSZ5

Rear plate is on the pi##...... NOT straight !

Little ramps are so I don't get tyre dressing on my drive and I can clean tyres all way round !

Hi Specky, glad the car is in your possession, and that you have cleaned & detailed it.

Sorry to hear about the issues at D M Keith's in Leeds, let us know what action they will take to remedy the queries you had upon collection.  :yes:

Sorry to be dim, but is detailing a posh word for a good clean, polish, vac etc?

Colin

YEP

and a lot on money on fancy products as well, don't forget a good work out for all that clay barring and polishing so arms like pop eye :strong:  :strong:  at the end

not sure whats wrong with a bucket with fairy liquid and a sponge :devil:  :devil: :devil:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  

will go an hide in naughty corner quick

• Like 1

YEP

and a lot on money on fancy products as well, don't forget a good work out for all that clay barring and polishing so arms like pop eye :strong:  :strong:  at the end

not sure whats wrong with a bucket with fairy liquid and a sponge :devil:  :devil: :devil:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  :bandit:  

will go an hide in naughty corner quick

10 vehicles through my car life and that's all I have ever used and it has always been fit for purpose. The only change being the zip wax is now in a 1 litre bottle.

I am still peering through glue fingerprints on the windscreen from when it was fitted in the factory nearly 4 years ago, nothing will shift them, and right in my eye-line.

I seem to recall pulling bits of plastic wrap of my seats as well and finding odd screws etc under the seats. Not a new problem and most lease cars seem to get a less than complete preparation.

Took delivery of a rover some years ago, the delivery driver was leaning on rear nearside quarter whilst I looked it over. Wasn't until a couple of days later I noticed the big knock in the panel from another car opening a door into it. The driver must have stopped for a coffee on his 250 mile delivery drive and been damaged! Was still arguing about it and who should repair it as I had signed for the car when a large truck solved the problem by driving into that corner of the car six weeks later.

Washing up liquid will strip the wax off the paint, making it harder to clean next time.

As I understand it, the better cheapskate approach is just water and a microfibre cloth - being careful that you're not scratching the paint with any bits of muck stuck in the cloth.

did you not get the idea I was taking the mick :)

hence the "go hide in the naughty corner" and "arms like popeye" comments :) :)

normally just use plain water with mine and every 2nd-3rd wash give it a polish to keep it topped up

if like last weekend I do use a proper car shampoo, I then polish it as well, I tend to use the autoglym products, not the best but a good quality at a reason able price