Dilemma!

Nuf said

James, I'm glad you really like your car, many on this site do like their own cars a lot but, you've gotta realise your car doesn't fit everybodies requirements, if it did Skoda wouldn't make another model would they.

BTW. I don't think the OP should change car's maybe just change driving style for the work commute 70mph and Eco mode possible, also accept the fact that you can't just hand the car back. An early exit from a new car is always very financially painful

Thats funny, i dont believe i did ever say the car i had would suit everybody.

I was looking at the mileage he was expecting to do. That is all. I obviously then used my vehicle to work out fuel consumption etc etc. Well, its better than using the given figures considering at present they are a little way out. Wouldnt you rather accurate figures were given to the OP?

My naivety was in the changing over of cars so early, and the finanacial penalty you would see. That is all. Has naff all to do with my vehicle.

When i do mention diesels in other threads, it is meant as a joke.

I've got a 60 mile round trip commute and have a 1.6tdi. Its about 50% motorway and, like you, do mostly nights. My average is around 55mpg, so if you can get 40 ish mpg from the vrs the difference is less than 20 mpg.

Your car might be better than you think in eco mode cruising on the motorway.

Makes me glad i went for the 2l in the end. Doesnt seem to be any worse than the 1.6

Makes me glad i went for the 2l in the end. Doesnt seem to be any worse than the 1.6

I test drove both versions and while the turbo adds to the pep in the 1.6, the 2.0 was something else for someone who has never owned a turbo powered car let alone something with as much torque (driven plenty more powerful cars just never been mine). The MPG figures seemed to me to be much of a muchness. I went for the larger engine purely on the fact that the overall cost of fuel would be little different but at least the extra power will be nice for a bit of driving R&R.

This is probably not what you want to do but why not buy a cheap diesel car and run that to and from your work and keep the mileage of the vrs and fuel costs down. You wont have the same fun but it is maybe something to consider.

• Like 2